does anyone have good recipes for Prosciutto? or what the best kind to get? brand,quality, etc

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 11:08 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We get ours at Trader Joes and usei t to top our homemade pizzas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on May. 26, 2010

• My kids fave with prosciutto is a meat "loaf" I make. Use ground turkey or beef, about two pounds, a cup of breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of basil, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (if u use dried, 1 teaspoon), and 1 egg. Mix it all together then pat it out into a long rectangle on a piece of plastic wrap. Layer sliced mozzerella over the meat then top that with the prosciutto. Roll up from a short end like a jelly roll. Bake it at 350* for 1 hour in a greased loaf pan or on a cookie sheet. If your loaf pan is large enough it will help keep the roll shape. Also, when I have a ton of basil from my garden I use fresh basil leaves layered over the prosciutto and change the dried basil to parsley.

Another thing I do is wrap it around melon like Anon (2) suggested. Honeydew or cantaloupe are perfect. A little sliver of parmesan cheese in their is a nice touch, too!
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 9:55 AM on May. 26, 2010