Who are you more likely to judge: a mother with a cigarette in her hand or a mother with a beer bottle in her hand?

This is for a study for a college paper. Please lets not get personal or nasty. If it becomes heated i will delete the question. Feel free to share you opinion and or experience but KEEP IT CIVIL ! thanks!

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:35 PM on May. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• is the kid with her?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:36 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Cigarette...unless the mom is stumbling down drunk.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:36 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I am a smoker & based on experience I'm gonna place my bet on the person with the cigg.
    Anonymous

• beer. cigarettes don't get you drunk lol
    Anonymous

• Cigarette. Because her smoking is immediately affecting others around her...her drinking a beer is not. And also, most people that drink a beer aren't addicted to alcohol, but most ppl that smoke cigarettes do so because of an addiction.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:39 PM on May. 25, 2010

• cigarettes. I like to enjoy a beer while cooking out and it does not affect my kid. Second hand smoke can hurt my child, however...
    Anonymous

• Cigarette... Ash9724 said it perfectly!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

• For the purpose of this question lets assume the mother is NOT pregnant but DOES have children with her. Thanks
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 11:41 PM on May. 25, 2010

• it really depends on the circumstances. if the kid isnt around, then its about even. if the child is around, ciggs are worse because of secondhand. a single beer could be harmless as long as she is at home/not going to drive.
    Anonymous

• Cigarette is so much worse. One beer is not going to make someone drunk and it's not like there are fumes coming off a beer that can get a kid drunk who is standing nearby or being held. The cigarette is way worse. Everyone knows, for an absolute fact, that second-hand smoke kills.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:48 PM on May. 25, 2010