How pro life are you?

If you found out at 20 weeks pregnant that either you would die or your baby would- whose life would you choose? (like if you aborted the baby you would live, or you could carry to term but die during the birthing process).
I am not trying to start a HUGE cat fight, I was just asked this question a few days ago and I honestly don't know what I would do...
on the one hand I have 2 children already and would want to be around for their growth and development, but on the other hand I don't know how I could live with myself if I aborted my kid... What do you think you would do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't believe that that is how it would go. First of all, doctors never know 100% that you are going to live or die. Every day they give ppl "death dates" that never come. They give cancer patients 6 months to live, and 5 years later that person is still doing great. They tell mothers their child will have Downs syndrome and they birth a healthy baby. There is no 100%. And also, if they said I was going to die if I carried to term and birthed my baby, well then I would have them perform a c-section early and tragedy would be everted. There's always another option when it comes to circumstances like this...the sad part is, that people don't bother to think of them.
    Anonymous

• I would go through with the birth. No doc can give you a 100% guarantee that you WILL die if you continue. I couldn't live with myself, wondering "what if?" I would write tons of letters to my kids, make videos, take pics...let them know in any way that I could that I love them Sooo much.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:42 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I would go into the pregnancy as far as I could...aim for 28 weeks and then deliver. I don't think I could live with myself knowing I killed my child especially at 20 weeks. I think that is irresponsible.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:49 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i feel like this is a hypothetical question that she is asking, of course i agree with the first response the most. however, if it was somehow absolutely certain that i would die, i would probably choose an abortion just for the fact that i want to be here for my other child whom i already have. heres one; how bout an ectopic pregnancy? ive been told women can be 2 months pregnant before they find out about it, and they have to have the baby aborted, or they would hemmorage, and die. just a thought i guess. please feel free to correct my knowledge about this if its incorrect, this is just what ive heard about ectopic pregnancy.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 11:50 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Definitely mine. This isn't the 1800's, if a baby dies in utero, I can probably have another. I don't believe it's a person anyway. I don't believe in God or Hell or any of that, so it makes things very straightforward for me.
    Anonymous

• also, i feel that, once your pregnant, your pregnant, it doesnt matter to me, at least, wether your 2 weeks or 20 weeks. but i did miss the 20 weeks thing when i answered,lol. yeah i think i would try my best to go the next 8 weeks, and get my life and wishes in order just in case. i dont think medicine will ever be that good to be that certain of a death like that. even hypothetically.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 11:53 PM on May. 25, 2010

• wow...ok so ive been staring at the screen, typing..and then deleting it over and over...lol...i dont know what i would do...i dont believe in abortion...but at the same time,i already have a child...and i dont want her to think that i chose to die for that unborn child, leaving her without me!!! i wouldnt want to leave any of my children without their mother...soo..i guess if it came down to it..i would want to live...i would feel guilty as hell..but..you can always try again for another...i know it wouldnt be the same...but..i dont think its fair to die for one child, and not the other...and dying for the unborn one isnt fair to the daughter i already have..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:56 PM on May. 25, 2010

• NTM...an abortion at 20 weeks your basically "giving birth" to a dead baby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:59 PM on May. 25, 2010

• if it was even possible for that to happen, i would get an abortion.
    im pro-choice though, i dont think that in early pregnancy your killing a baby, or theres even a baby there yet. but im not for late term abortions, so for personal reasons i would never want an abortion at 20 weeks - but if it was life or death, or i would pick my life.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:05 AM on May. 26, 2010

• it depends, is it the actual birth of the child that would kill me like i would die if i wast pregnant anymore or if it were something that having the baby early would solve. like if i had the option i would ask for a c-section at like 34 weeks so the baby would have a chance at least, but if i had no choice, then i would still want to leave it up to the Lord, but at the same time i dont know if i would want to take that chance of leaving my 2 children behind, it is a very hard question!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:37 AM on May. 26, 2010