Breastfeeding and missed periods...My tubes are tied but should I be worried?

I am late for my period by at least a month no more than 2, Could it just be my hormones being thrown off due to breastfeeding or should I be worried about something else?

marilyp

Asked by marilyp at 12:09 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• My babies are 8 months old and my periods returned about 5 weeks after I had the babies.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 12:11 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I didn't get a period until 10 months pp. My ob told me that even after weaning, there is only cause for concern if you go past three months with no cycle/period. The reason is that sometimes the changes in hormones from breastfeeding can delay your cycle etc. Call your doctor if you're very concerned, though.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:13 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Irregular cycles are normal while nursing.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:24 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Gdiamante---Sheww! That is good to know!! Last night I had a dream I was pregnant with twins again! Don't get me wrong I love being a mom to twins but that pregnancy was not fun to say the least.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 12:31 AM on May. 26, 2010