Sketcher's Shape-Ups or Reebok Easy Tone?

Anyone have either of these? Do you love them, hate them? Do they work to help tone you? I'm getting one or the other, kind of leaning towards the Reebok easy tone because they look more like a regular runing shoe as opposed to the weird looking shape-ups. But if the shape-ups are more effective or comfortable I would go with them.

canadianmom1974

Asked by canadianmom1974 at 12:22 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am getting the easy tones. I tried them on at the store and they are sooo comfy. Even if they do nothing I would buy them just for the amazing comfort they provide.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:01 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I have the Easy Tones and love them. They are so comfortable and my mom even bought herself a pair after I let her wear mine for awhile. And she never finds any shoes that are comfortable for her so that's really saying something. I wouldn't be caught dead in shape-ups. They are hideous. I haven't wore my Easy Tones long enough to have seen any results because it got warm once I got them and now all I wear are flip flops, but some of my friends said they really work.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:25 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Um, they're a gimmick. If you want something that truly works, try the Earth brand shoes. They have a negative heel that helps to align your spine. The others are just imitations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Beware of back and hip issues.... There has been an increase in Physical Therapy visits in the clinic I work in due to these shoes!!!

Anonymous

• " the Earth brand shoes. They have a negative heel that helps to align your spine. " - also cause a lot of back issues!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 26, 2010

• My dd bought me the Sketcher Shape Ups for Mother's Day. I have to walk a lot to help with Arthritis pain. My calves were so tight until I started using the Shape Ups. Now they are fine and my heel & hip pain has stopped. My PT folks have not said anything about getting rid of them and have not mentioned they may do damage.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:40 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I've seen those but will never wear them. I still prefer doing it the old fashioned way - squats and other pylometric exercises!
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 12:40 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I want the Shape-ups to help my foot pain.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I just read an article about these shoes. They are a waste of money and don't work. They work your ankles and feet more than you body. The best way to tone or lose weight is exercise. My mom last over 100lbs by drinking water and walking 6 miles a week.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:52 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Thanks everyone (I think! Lol). I know these shoes are not magic and do not melt away pounds and tone my butt just by being on my feet, but if I'm going to be walking anyway and they will *help* with toning, posture, etc that's what I'm looking for. I need new shoes either way and I think I'll be getting the easy tones. They look comfy and look like regular shoes.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:22 AM on May. 26, 2010