Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contributing to minors? What do you think?

My sister has been working at a restaurant for 5 years. One night she was really busy and didn't card a lady who ordered a bud light(the lady looked well over legal age) well that lady was 19 and it was a sting operation. Of course she lost her job and now she will have contributing to minors on her record for the rest of her life(she lives in CO and it never comes off your record). She got a lawyer and is going to fight it because she is afraid it will affect her when she tries to get her dental hygeine license futhermore, she doesn't want to have to explain it for the rest of her life. She just wants it off her record. She is willing to do community service, be on probation, pay fines etc. If you were on the jury would you allow her to do all the community service etc. and let her keep it off her record?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • umm...thats not how getting something off of your record works
    you have to petition to have it exponged or sealed and if not then wait a few years and try again
    but she cannot get in trouble again or it will never have a chance of coming off
    and if she gets it exponged or however it is spelled then it will only be on her DOJ record

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:06 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • Oh heck yes. How sad that she is held responsible for this and not the restaurant! Wow,,,thats just so wrong

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • OP here: it's not on her record yet. That is what they are trying to fight/determine. Her lawyer said it could possibly go to trial with a jury-this part is crazy to me as it seems like a waste of time.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • yah a waste of time and that lawyer just wants to get paid she will be charged, she had an undercover/ getting around the facts.

    well she should just embrace that she screwed up, do her time/service and then when she is done try to get it exponged.

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:10 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • Well she already went to court and the judge agrees with her, he thinks it's entrapment, but it's not. she is only getting a fine if she loses. She has accepted that she made a big mistake. She won't be paying the lawyer because it's a family friend.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on May. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
who are u?