when to start nesting?

I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. but i really dont know when I should start nesting....? and what are the really important things the a newborn needs in the 1st 6 weeks of life? O_o with my 1st my family kinda just bought everything the moment they knew i was pregno..

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 1:26 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You canrt nest on purpose or it isnt nesting. Nesting is an instinct and i believe it comes in the third trimester. Mine did. I was pulling out the washer and dryer and oven to scrub under them at 2 am
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:47 AM on May. 26, 2010

• For me, the nesting thing came kind of naturally. I didnt expect to clean out the silverware drawer, it just happened that day. Nesting comes when it comes and it is a curious beast at that. Oh my if I could only go back to that nesting phase with growing teens I could get so much more done
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I would say a boucy vibrating chair, bottles (not many but a few if you are nursing), pacifires, blankets, swing and that is really all I bounced back and forth on :)

I barely used the swing too lol. Oh stroller and carseat. :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on May. 26, 2010

• when I nest, it seems to come and go, but it really starts to hit in the last month where I need to do everything lol.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:51 AM on May. 26, 2010

• It'll happen!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 8:31 AM on May. 26, 2010

• NEVER did I ever have a nesting urge. I quit my job a month before the EDD and bought things for baby. That's about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:20 AM on May. 26, 2010

• nesting, whats that?j/k... i never hit that with my first 2 i'm really hoping that it hits me hard this time. God knows my house could use it. As far as things that you need when baby gets here, diapers, wipes, onsies, sleepers, burp clothes, blankets, and bottles and formula if you're not nursing. I neveer used all the fancy toys in the first few weeks.
    beccalamecca

Answer by beccalamecca at 1:24 PM on May. 26, 2010