How can you get a toddler eat his food?

My son is almost 2 years old and been a big eater since birth. As his birthday is nearing he seems to be eating lesser food and now he lost a almost 2 kilos. I am very worried to the point of depression. I don't know what to do anymore. I mean I tried everything! Please I need your advise.

mommy_fran

Asked by mommy_fran at 1:40 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he being picky or just not hungry? I have a rule in my house because I have picky eaters. I'm not a short order cook, and they eat what i fix and if they don't want it, then they leave the table and don't get anything else. If they are hungry later, then they can eat their leftover dinner. They aren't so picky anymore. But if he's not hungry and maybe not feeling well, you should probably take him to the doctor. But picky eaters need discipline. My nephew (2 yrs.) doesn't eat anything, and when they let him down from the table he comes back later and asks for a cookie or something sweet, then they give it to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Just make sure that what he eats is nutritious: avocado, whole grain pasta, tofu, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:54 PM on May. 26, 2010