I am having a lot of difficulty remembering to take my medicine and checking my blood sugars. Any advice for me?

I am not pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• Get one of those Monday through Sunday plastic box pill reminder thingy mabobs..lol,,they are sold in drug stores.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Try a watch w/ an alarm or your cell phone or anything w/ an alarm to remind you. Make a checklist for before and after meals and throughout the day. And the pill box idea above me is a good one too. GL! It is VERY important you take care of yourself!!!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 2:06 AM on May. 26, 2010

• OP: I have it. I forget to take it anyway. I have even set my phone. I just push the button, walk into the kitchen with the intent of taking it, but I forget. I think there is something wrong with my brain. I NEED to take my thyroid med, it is so important as I am VERY hypothyroid. (TSH was 19, down from 40.) And I am diabetic, but not on insulin yet. Does diabetes affect memory?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on May. 26, 2010

• You know, I dunno if it does but my mother has it and is very forgetful. I wonder if the 2 go hand in hand.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 2:09 AM on May. 26, 2010

• If your blood sugars are not in the normal range, yes it can affect your memory and your thinking. Your blood flow can be sluggish.

I have the pill case that I use. I also have my glucose monitor sitting right next to the stove, so anytime I am getting ready to eat it's right there and I can test before meals. This is a habit that you have to get into.

Diabetes is nothing to mess with even if you're not pregnant. It won't kill you, but high blood sugars will destroy your organs over time & make you feel tired and ill. That's why it's so important to keep track of your blood sugars, so that you know if you'll have to adjust your diet or exercise pattern. I'm not being mean, I hope you don't take it that way. My mom has been diabetic for 54 years & I grew up watching her take shots multiple times daily. I watched her lose her sight. I'm also diabetic now & know very well the health problems it causes. Please take care.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:14 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Set reminders on your cell phone, computer, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on May. 26, 2010