Bruising and babies blood clotting?

My sister took my 3 month old niece to the emergency room tonight because she has been getting bruises all over her back, and recently some more popped upon her bottom. The doctors are taking all sorts of blood and running tests, but now her blood is clotting so fast, its clogging the needle. I kept saying she'll be fine, but in the back of my mind I worry and my first thought is lukemia. That's the only thing I've heard of that causes such terrible bruises. Someone told her they were mongol spots which occur in babies of darker skin ethnicity (she's Asian and Indian) but the doctor has already ruled that out. Now all these things are starting to come together and I'm worried. We always knew she was colicky. She cries more than 6 hours everyday. That's pretty much all she does. So my question is, does anyone know anything about what I'm talking about? Had any personal experiences? I'm very anxious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know leukemia is a possibility and theres also another disorder that causes blood to clot like that. she is in my prayers :(
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 12:01 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Leukemia is my fear, but after they got home the doctor said it was nothing, but he didn't even do a test for leukemia.
    Anonymous