I had an affair with a married man...

The affair went on for a little over a year. His wife was catching on so he broke it off immediately! We worked together and rumors were flying so I quit my job. Now I have given up my job (that I loved) and I lost him. He won't return my emails or phone calls. He also changed all of his passwords at work so I no longer have access to anything! I'm so mad! I lost everything and his life hasn't changed a bit. I'm bitter and am thinking about telling his wife? Would this be terrible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• you know I think its funny how almost everyone on here is blaming the OP for messing up things for the wife. Well I got news for you all... SHE DIDN'T! The cheating ass husband did. I will never understand why most women blame the mistress and not the husband. rolls eyes!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:44 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Honestly I think you're both scum... normal women just DON'T LET themselves fall for married guys let alone act on it whether he wants to or not! And he's scum for cheating on his wife obviously.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:23 AM on May. 26, 2010

• And... do you want to do this to ruin his life? Or because you're jealous of the wife because he chose her and you want to ruin her life?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:24 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I didn't ask you what you thought about me or him. I asked if I should tell his wife or not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I don't want to ruin anybody's life, but I think she should know. Would you want to know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I think it's terrible that you had an affair with a married man. Don't be bitter. Just move on, best with a single man. he either almost got caught and will try to be a little sneakier next time, or he didn't want to continue the affair. It's not your place to tell his wife. I know I'd hate to find that out from a mistress. Why did you quit your job? That was kind of silly. You shoulda stuck it out and things would have cooled down in the work place eventually. Basically, what you both did was wrong, and yea it's not fair that you're the only one with repercussions. but he was dishonest too, and he'll get his.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 3:27 AM on May. 26, 2010

• No, she'll see through him in her own time. I would want to find out the truth from my husband, not from a bitter ex-mistress angry from being dumped. You've done enough damage, move forward with your life and find a guy that respects you enough to be with only you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I would want to know! but that's just me... I don't like being taken for a fool. Know what I mean?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:57 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I don't know if you are married or not, but would you tell your husband that you cheated? That's your answer right there. But the wife won't believe you anyways unless you had solid proof!
    ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 4:09 AM on May. 26, 2010

• If somebody told me they slept with my DH I would definitely look into it further. I wouldn't let something like that roll off my shoulders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on May. 26, 2010