If I'm sick when I have my baby will the hospital not let me be around her?

Also, what if my kids are sick? We all have sore throats and coughs.. I really hope we all get better by the time shes born, I would be really upset if me or my kids couldn't hold her...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I don't have herpes, lol. so I'm not concerned about that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on May. 27, 2010

• your body will put that on hold, trust me, our bodies are magnificently made to bring life into this world safely.
    and the anybody 14and under is not allowed to be in the hospital so unless that are older teens you'll need a babysitter on-call.
    they will not deny yu the right to be around your child unless she needs to be in the NICU or something is wrong, which we hope nothing will be wrong and she is a healthy baby.

Congrats mama, dont be worried about that, but yes get a on call sitter, they will not let anyone under 14 in still i believe
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:09 AM on May. 26, 2010

• This is my fourth baby, they let my other children in with my second and third. Its only back in the delivery rooms that children can't go. They'll be able to be in my recovery room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on May. 26, 2010

• no this is a new law, it was in place sometime in november right before i delivered my baby, its a federal law, but i dont know if they changed it yet
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:24 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I sure hope its not! I'll be so upset if my kids can't see their new little sister when shes born. Only my step daughter would be allowed to and that would be really unfair... the signs on the doors are still the same.. so i'm hoping you're wrong, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on May. 26, 2010

• just call L&D its worth knowing ahead of time
    my sis had to lie about her age, lol, so i could get her in
    she's 11
    we said she was 15..haha she so looks 11
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:33 AM on May. 26, 2010

• When i had my second therd were signs up saying no one under 14. The nurse said it was because it was flu season. But i got the nurse to go into the lobby and see that she was not sick and she told my dh to wash her hands and put some sanguizer on her and she let her come in. Sense its not flu season any more you should not have a issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on May. 26, 2010

• The only signs that say that are on the labor and delivery rooms at the hospital I'll be going to. Its never been an issue before, they just said only siblings.. no cousins and such.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Right now our hospitals have out "No siblings" signs because they are afraid of the kids bringing in the swine flu.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Since you know they are sick, it would be the responsible thing to have them stay home. The babies on the maternity ward are very vulnerable., You can't help it that you are sick, but you can stay in your room. Have your kids stay home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on May. 26, 2010