Mirena users....pain during orgasm?

I have had my mirena in since Jan '09. Never had any problems with it! Lately, like a few months now, i have been noticing that when i have intense orgasms, i get some pain down below but way inside, where the Mirena is! Its not penetration causing it. Because I still get the same pain when masturbating w/o penetration, but i get an intense orgasm. It actually hurts! Not just discomfort. And it only happens during these times. It has made me worry and wonder if its normal. Has anyone else with mirena or any type of IUD experienced anything like this before???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have Mirena but I do not experience any pain w/orgasm. Every once in awhile I will feel discomfort from penetration if DH goes too far (lol), but my orgasms are pain-free! =)
    TristansMom440

Answer by TristansMom440 at 8:02 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I'd get checked, you shouldn't have pain, it could be adhering to you or something. Good luck.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 8:29 AM on May. 26, 2010

• i had a mirena for 3 years --- loved it! no periods and didnt get pregs on it! no i never had that happen,. dh hated it at first. because he could feel the strings... but they got softer or he got used to it -- that isnt a good sign... go to your obgyn - they will likely do an interal ultrasound.. see what it is doing... that isnt normal and you should get checked to find out why that happens... i know it can give you cysts (the mirena) and it sounds like the symptoms for that. the cysts usually go away on their own without treatment but it is one of the warning they list on the packaging.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:26 AM on May. 26, 2010