can i adopt my baby?

why i need to adopt is because in my house my parents and i are christian so i got pregnant out of wed luck they have all turn their backs on me and this is hurting me a lot i don't, know what to do and to commit abortion is an act punishable by the law so i can not do it because it is also a sin before GOD i just want to give birth to the child and adopt so i need someone that can adopt my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Adoption

• Yes, you can put your baby up for adoption. Call your local health department and ask for the -pregnancy crisis center- phone number. You can also try to look up the crisis center phone number yourself.

Good Luck!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:10 AM on May. 26, 2010

• It's a very tough thing that you're going through but I'm VERY proud of you for giving this child a chance to live by not having an abortion - WELL DONE YOU!!! Even though you got pregnant out of wed lock, God would want you to give the baby the BEST gift in the world & that is life. Really think hard about if YOU want to put your child up for adoption, is it what you want - just do what YOU think is right:) My mum went through the same thing (years before she met my dad & had me) If you just want to talk to someone, I would be happy to:) Good luck*
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 7:54 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I love your strength and courage. You can definitely put your baby up for adoption, it's very noble and I admire your Christian morality. I wish you the best, and I hope your family adjusts and comes around so that they can support you in this. I'll be praying for you. Do you have an obgyn yet? They can help direct you in finding resources. There are also a lot of places that can help you like I know in my area there is a pregnancy crisis center and they can help you get the proper healthcare and set you up with help, or help you get support and go through the adoption process. You could always do an open adoption where you can still visit the baby as it grows up, or they can send you pictures periodically. You can interview and pick a family that has similar moral beliefs as yourself as well if you want your baby to go to a Christian home. There are so many families that want to love a baby, You can do a great thing for them.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 8:13 AM on May. 26, 2010

• OP, I am sad to hear this about your family...however they are not 'CHRISTIAN", no CHRISTIAN, would ever turn their back on someone in need, and most certainly never ever on their own child...needed to clarify this:) I ma a Firstmom,(birthmom to some), and the option you are looking into is a very EXTREME on, and is a lifelong painful one...so take your time in considering this option. You can get help from agencies that are specificall designed to give you the aide you need until you get on your feet. Housing, food stamps, medical, can all be sources for you to look into. I would much rather see you except a helping hand up, instead of seperating your baby from its mother for life,:) PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE FROM THE INTERNET. You will never fully know others , but you damn sure don't know people over a computer screen. Contact your local health dept. and they can get you started with all needed, good luck, CJ
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 9:51 AM on May. 26, 2010

• So Sorry about your family and lack of support. I too had a baby very young and out of wed lock and did not have the support of my mom and dad the only thing they told me to do was to put my baby girl up for adoption. You need support at this time. I had a wonderful counselor at Catholic Charties when I was putting my baby girl up for adoption and she did not push me one way or the other meaning I had to give up my baby girl she also gave me the option of keeping her but in my heart I know she deserved a family that could provide for her and give her the opportunties I could not at 16 years old. Catholic Charties does adoption and provides counseling while you are pregnant and after you relinquish your child. They also spoke about open and close adoptions ( unfortunely I had to do close adoption due to my parents) but if this is the road you want to take I reccomend open adoption. Also could talk with OB/Gyn about Ad Families
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 10:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• OP, I agree with CJ, that Christians (and I am one) sometimes get accused of being the only people who shoot their OWN soldiers. We can go out into the streets and "save" the prostitutes, drug addicts, and alcoholics in the name of our Lord, however, when our own children "fall short" of our expectations, we try to cover it up like it never happened. You may have sinned by getting pregnant before marriage, but the Lord ALWAYS forgive us when we ask. We live with the consequences of our sins, but God doesn't hold grudges. While you are researching adoption (and don't connect with anyone on the internet, please), research the life-long feelings that most mothers face after placing. Pregnancy is a natural result of sex, parenting is a natural result of giving birth. There are places where you can get the support you need, and after your parents calm down, they may realize that they are asking you to give away their grandchild.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:33 AM on May. 26, 2010

• (Con't) Your parents may try to force you into this, but THEY will not have to live with the pain forever. Adoption doesn't erase the guilt or shame that you now feel for being pregnant. God has a purpose and a plan for each & every life. Children are a gift from above. If you need encouragement, please message me. There are other moms who have been exactly where you are and can guide you to the resources that you need, if you want. They may not have told you that in America, we have programs such as Medicaid, WIC, food stamps, government housing, etc. to help you have a place to live, feed you & your child, and provide medical care for you & the baby & even transport you to appointments. Some may lead you to believe that adoption is your only solution to pre-marital sex or unplanned pregnancy. I'd ask you to consider what it would take to raise your child. Ultimately, it's YOUR decision. Good luck, sweet girl and take care.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:43 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Your family are hypocrites not Christians. They'd rather give their own grandchild to strangers than support you. They'd rather subject you to a lifetime of loss and grief than have their daughter be a single mother. That's not the actions of Christians. Have you exhausted All avenues of support? What about the fathers family? Would they be willing to help you? Aunts and Uncles? You'd be surprised who comes out of the woodwork saying after the fact "I'd have helped you if I'd had known you'd wanted to keep him".

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:53 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Hi,This was my family 33 yrs ago.The thing that comes to mind about your christian concerns is that if you are remorseful and believe you are forgiven.If you believe sex outside of marriage is wrong then from now on be celibate till marriage .That would be acting on remorse. Spending the rest of your life in stunning amazing pain has nothing to do with Christianity or being remorseful. ..I sit on the board of my Methodist church and teach confirmation classes.I have told a couple of my ministers about my loss and they don't equate being christian with having to put an "out of wedlock" child up for adoption.They may think there are reasons but this isn't one of them.Re read ceejay,ramajil &dbf answers they are giving you excellent advice.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:09 PM on May. 26, 2010

• CONT...once again I left my computer came back and pushed send.OTT is on target.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:11 PM on May. 26, 2010