How long should a 2 month old stay awake?

My son's been awake for like 2 hours! He's not hungry, he's not tired...

I tried feeding him and he wasn't interested, I put him in his swing (which always makes him fall asleep) and he didn't want to sleep...He's just laying in his baby gym batting at the animals and talking to the mirror...

He's happy as can be! This is the longest he's ever stayed awake and I'm just wondering if it's normal?

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes its normal! if they are hungry or tired they'll tell you! good luck...use this time to clean or do laundry lol!!!
    maddoxsmommy605

Answer by maddoxsmommy605 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• it is unusual but not weird that he is awake 2 hours. just be glad its not 2am when he decides it is play time.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 4:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• my girl used to be up for 2-4 hours at that time, but she was also as happy as can be..some babies just dont need naps all that often..my girl used to wake up at 8ish, nap from 1130-1, then nap again from 4-5, then back in bed at 9 til the next morning..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• Dawson is 10 weeks and stays up for 3-4 hours at a time. As long as he's happy it's not a problem.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• YEAH THIS IS NORMAL MY BABY STAY UP FOR A LONG TIME LIKE 2 HRS...THESE THE TIME U COULD START TEACHEING HER STUFF...WELL I MEAN TALKING 2 HER...I BET SHE SMILE ALOT!!!!
    starz16

Answer by starz16 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2008

• My daughter is 2 1/2 months and she will stay up sometimes like 5 hours at a time. She definitely doesn't sleep as much as she used to. Here and there she will have days when she is sleeping most of the day, but the majority of the time now, she has long wake periods.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2008