Do your kids do this?

OK I get them up for school this morning and they are dragging butt (they go to bed @ 9:00) for some reason the are not getting up I had to threaten them that daddy is in the other room and you know he WILL GET YOUR BTTS UP! So they get I see my ds sleepy I tell him c'mon get up He's like I AM UP!!!
I told him he bettter watch how he talks to me. ( his tone he used, he is 8 yrs.) my dd and my ds are eating breakfast and my dd (6yrs.) is eating very slow I am like c'mon get moving she's like I AM EATING!!! Omg why are these kids talking to me like this like with an attitude :( They would not dare talk like that to my dh. I could slap them but that is not me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Because they're groggy in the morning and bored of the whole get-up-get-dressed-eat-breakfast-brush-teeth-get-school-bags-go-to-school procedure.It's almost the end of school year for my dd (almost 8 years old) and even though I put her to bed earlier at night she still reacts like that sometimes.That said,it doesn't mean it's right for them to talk like that.But I have to admit that we moms can be a little overbearing in the mornings,juggling kids and our own schedules.Just tell them after school that this isn't the way to react and you don't care for that tone of voice or attitude.Gook luck and maybe patience until school's out?
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 8:09 AM on May. 26, 2010

• maybe they dont get enough sleep, my daughter (6) is usually in bed at 8 and when its time for her to get up at 7 she is usually awake when i get to her room.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:04 AM on May. 26, 2010

• If their butts are dragging in the mornings, then they need more sleep. My kids didn't stay up til 9pm until they were in middle school - 11 yrs and older.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:25 AM on May. 26, 2010

• My kids( ages 5 and 7) go to bed at 7:30 and when I wake them up at 7 they still act like this. I can't put them to bed any earlier...its just not feasible. I would suggest a little more sleep but it might not help my kids are always mouthy. Good luck!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:30 AM on May. 26, 2010

• My kids go to bed at 7 (they are 4 and 7 years old) and they're up around 6:30 am. They are morning people like my husband and wake up cheerful. I am the one who has to drag out of bed.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:53 AM on May. 26, 2010

• They are probably not sleeping as well with it being light later, and it's just the end of school year thing too.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• of course they are acting like that- when you do the whole 'wait until your dad gets home' or your idea of punishment is to threaten the with the idea that their dad is going to punish them- why would they listen to you? They aren't worried about what you'll do- you aren't doing anything to punish them.

Of course they don't talk to the hubby like that- sounds like with him there are consequences for their actions.

you sound like a teacher I had- she would deal with things by just telling them that their father would be upset, or what their father would do to them.

Then was shocked when they started telling her 'I don't have to listen to you, you're only my mommy!'
    Anonymous