Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice with fake calls to dcfs,please my ex won't stop calling

every time I have to bring something to court my ex calls DCFS on me & I'm sick of it.. what can I do?
he tries to get info from our almost 12 yr old he takes whatever she says & adds to it or takes away part of it, making it now untrue, & a abusive story. my child doesn't even need to be talking about what happens at my house unless it has to do with her...

Answer Question

Asked by maiahlynn at 8:16 AM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 13 (1,143 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • As long as they aren't finding anything there's nothing he can do and the more he makes false calls the worse it makes himself look and eventually they will get tired of it and you can go against him for making false allegations. I've dealt with similar issues except it was a family member calling on me constantly to the point the caseworker would come out (Because she had to), walk in the door have me sign the waiver and leave. After the 4th time she gave me a number to call and report the false reports. Maybe you can ask a caseworker what to do?

    Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:57 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • maybe go to the police and see if that qualifies as harrassment.. also the custody court should then get involved.. maybe say that it is hard on the kid to be used as his pawn. does she get stressed/headaches/etc... when i was a kid my gma did that - she hated my mom (yes my mom's own mother) and would try to get me to tell her bad stuff about my mom to use against my mom and i had cluster headaches (like a migrane but worse) from it so my mom cut off contact with her. said that the mental abuse was effecting my physically... could you work something like that up?? is there any prove-able way to show this is damaging the kid -- it cannot be good for them.

    Answer by AmaliaD at 9:12 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • I would file harrassment charges against him. DCFS will have a record of his calls, what they were about and that they were unfounded once investigated, so theres your proof. Start writing everything down that he does,keep a dated log.
    I have a jerk for an ex too...I understand where how it feels for someone to try to manipulate a situation against you.
    Good Luck, stand strong and don't let him get the best of you.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:42 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • DCFS will stop if they don't find anything....You can file harrassment charges against him.. Why do you keep taking him to court? Unless if is really important,, I would just try to have a relationship (polite) with him,, it isn't good for your kids to have to play good cop/bad cop... Good luck and don't worry,, you sound like a good mommy,,,What does DCFS say when they come? I mean they should realize there is nothing going on,,,,one thing I didn't understand in your question is you said your daughter should have nothing to say unless it pertains to her,,,,is everything okay with you? Do you have someone mean hurting you,, I hope not,, it just wasn't clear.

    Answer by kimigogo at 10:39 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • kimiggo- I try to talk to him first when there is an issue but he has told me he'll never agree to anything & that I must keep taking him to court, he has primary care & breaks almost all of our court order.. if I never took him to court I would never see or hear from my kid again.. they always find nothing every time he calls he has a new story.. DCFS must investigate every time there is a call that is what they told me. No all is good with me & my other kids she just like to tell him everything about us even when it has nothing to do with her.. my fiancee accidentally bumped into my 7 yr old & my ex told DCFS he pushed her & she was bleeding..umm there was no blood

    Answer by maiahlynn at 11:07 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • Then you must file charges against him! So sorry Momma! :(

    Answer by kimigogo at 11:11 AM on May. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.