Am i the only one that sometimes hides when they eat?

I have a 2 year old. No matter what he wants my food even if he is eating the same thing. So sometimes I will hide out in the bathroom and eat a quick snack bar or while he is in his highchair eating i will eat my food in the kitchen.. Am i the only one who does this and is it that wrong? I just get soo hungry and want to eat SOMETHING in peace. It's not like i am starving him he eats plenty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• hell no lol! i have a corner in my kitchen in front of the microwave where my son cant see in front of me, so i will have some junk on stash up there for a quiet bite of candy or something lol. sometimes he whines when i get over there bc he can hear the wrapper and knows im eating something but i just stuff it on in my mouth lol. right now we are fussing bc he keeps trying to steal a sip of my soda, which is a no-no!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:47 AM on May. 26, 2010

• No, you aren't wrong, you just have a two year old..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I keep all of our chocolate in our bedroom... I have to or if they find it, it's gone..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:49 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I have to or my 5 year old will eat everything in sight including whatever i'm eating.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:04 AM on May. 26, 2010

• 2 year olds are difficult. when he is older you can fight that battle. i dont think you are weird but i never had to do that. we would always eat the same things and i would just tell him to finish his plate and then he could have mine. by the time he did that - he didnt want mine - and if he did i let him have it...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:07 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, sometimes I will hide to have a quick snack. My son is two and he freaks out if he see's daddy and me eating. Dinner is a nightmare because he screams at us the whole time. He eats what we eat but he doesn't believe us I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Luckily that has never happened with my kids or my grandkids. I would be a bit ticked off. Nobody is going to make it necessary to hide when I am eating. LOL. No way.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:33 AM on May. 26, 2010

• i do it all the time...mostly from my DH haha. if he knows ive got something yummy he will eat the whole thing before i get any! my toddler just whines if i tell her no, but she's a lot easier to control than my DH.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:11 AM on May. 26, 2010

• hahahahaha!!!!! Im cracking up!!!!! I have the SAME problem with my 2 yr old daughter! Sometimes I feel quilty for hiding from her, but I just get soooo hungry sometimes that its my only option if i want to eat at all. Because if she sees it, she wants it. It gets annoying =[
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 10:15 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I do that too. I will make sure everyone else eats frist so I know they are full before I eat mine. It seems like everytime I have anything for myself I have to share with the family. I never get anything past my mouth without anyone else having some of it too. And its not just both my kids but my DH too.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:17 AM on May. 26, 2010