Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont want to accept more help but i might need too...if i can find some.

i am pregnant and have another baby under a year old and my boyfriend recently lost his job. i already get food stamps and wic. but when im on maternity leave im not going to be able to pay my bills etc. i dont really have any rich family members that can help me out or friends. is there another program out there that will help me out just during maternity leave? i am going to have to have a c-section so it is possible i might need the whole 6 weeks off. my boyfriend can't find a job at the moment, and I am working full time... paying all the bills.. but i can't get any disability pay from my work.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (5)
  • if you are working its hard to find the help you re asking for because state agencies will look at your income and say come back when you are broke. My advice would be if you go to church, look to them for some help. have a saloe maybe, try to get rid of some stuff you dont need, downsize as much as you can. have your boyfriend apply for food stamps as well. good luck to you.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 9:19 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • I'd be telling daddy to get out there and find another job or I'd be signing up for PA

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • He CAN find a job,,, if he has to work at a fast food or convient mart he should be willing to! If your able to live with your assistance now with your job only,, I would save all of the money he makes,,,I would go on craigs list and see about babysitting a child in your home when your not at work,,,,,Catholic Charities will help you,,,but I am not sure how much. Did he get fired? He can file for unemployment if so,,, he can file for welfare,, but then he would have to give your address and the state will find out he is living with you,,,,Honestly if he won't do it,, I would move to my parents house with my kids. I just looked at Craigs list and there were over 50 food service jobs available. I would also get on birth control,, until your boyfriend can step up to the plate!

    Answer by kimigogo at 10:22 AM on May. 26, 2010

  • Avoid that c-section if at all possible. Go to a church for help or a life center. Time for boyfriend to grow up.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on May. 26, 2010

  • Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on May. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy