2yr old taking diaper off and peeing

What can I do about this? He takes his diapers off or his pull ups off and pees but he won't pee in the toilet or his chair! He isn't scared of the toilet but he hates his potty chair. So we used the toilet for him. But he never pees on it. The second you get him off he will pee though. I have tried giving him privacy on it, running water, ever half hour, but I can't get him to do it. He hates being wet but won't potty in the toilet!!! Any other suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When potty training you need to make it a game. Plus needing to enforce rules that taking diapers off is not acceptable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• You have to be consistent for several days with the potty for them to truly understand that they need to put their excretions there. We went to the potty once an hour for an entire week. My LO peed in the potty at least once a day for a week then we went to training pants not pull ups. The first day we went potty every 10-20 mins, day 2 was every 30, day 3 was every 35-40 (just depending on her cues), day 4 she went once an hour and yesterday when I wasn't at home she went 2 times in the morning with daddy and didn't have accidents. Maybe a kitchen timer would help. I set it for every so often and my DD knows when she hears it go off we have to try to use the bathroom. This is what worked for us. I hope that you can find something that will work for you. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:47 AM on May. 26, 2010

• My mom just bought our dd panties and platic panties to go over them. She potty trained me and all of the rest of us like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 26, 2010

• My sil got a training urinal for her ds. It worked when he wouldn't use the potty chair or regular potty. GL.

http://www.peterpotty.com/
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 10:14 AM on May. 26, 2010

• We just got rid of the diapers, put our kids in underwear and a t-shirt, and didn't move them to the potty until they started having an accident. You have to be quick. That way, you don't have them sitting there waiting, wondering what they're supposed to do. They get the connection.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:00 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Onesies! Unless he can take them off too.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 12:46 PM on May. 27, 2010

• OP: Just as you posted that YoungTwinMommy, I kid you not I had the same idea! LOL! He can't take those off! So that is what we make him wear at bedtime and nap time! Thanks!

And we are beginning the potty training. I find it difficult though cuz he doesn't say more than 10 words atm. But we're getting there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My kids will pee and poop if I sit them on the toilet before a bath or when I change their diaper, we only change them in the bathroom. They are 19 months old and have been doing this since before 12 months. I am not bragging, but I am not potty training them quite yet. I'm glad they already get what the toilet is for now, but I will wait until they can actually tell me somehow when they want to go. Could be 2 years old, could be 3 or 4. Dont rush into it quite yet, too many parents do and it makes it harder and even worse when the kid isnt ready yet. You will definitely know when he is ready, let him decide.
    Anonymous