ok dumb eye exam question...

When you go for an eye exam and they diliate your eyes are you able to drive after.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not a good idea. Mine asks if someone drove me before he will dilate them.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 AM on May. 26, 2010

• They don't always dilate your eyes, but if they are going to, you'll know in advance because no, you cannot safely drive like that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:48 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I have driven before, but I waited a bit after it. Maybe 30 or so minutes. Wear sunglasses. But if you can have some one else drive for you, choose that option. When they dilate your eyes, it takes an hour before your eye truly act and react normally.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:51 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I have driven afterwards and I've had someone drive me. I found driving to be rough....my eyes are very light-sensitive (and light colored) anyway. My next appt is at a clinic in a mall, so if they say not to drive, I'll be set for a couple of hours afterwards! (They didn't mention it when I made the appt, thanks for mentioning it!)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:08 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, I have driven after. Didn't have any problem Just make sure you wear the sunglasses they give you or bring your own. It is usually long enough between them doing it and you leaving so you shouldn't have a problem especially if you don't have faqr to drive.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:20 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I always drive afterwards. No one here to help me with that so I'd be stuck if I didn't. My doc always offers an antidote. It doesn't un-dialate them right away, but it does help them to return to normal more quickly. My glasses are transitions and then I wear the office sunglasses behind them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:25 AM on May. 26, 2010

• my eye doctor has a new machine... she can see into the eye without dialating.. see if you can find a doc with better technology so you dont have to have that done.. you could drive but it might hurt --- i wouldnt wanna drive very far in that state..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:44 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I don't let them dialate my eyes. I always drive myself there.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 11:10 AM on May. 26, 2010

• You aren't supposed to but I do. who else is going to get me home? hubby can't take off work for that.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:48 AM on May. 26, 2010