What is there to do near Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri?

My brother is going to boot camp this summer, and instead of taking a "vacation", we thought we would just make our vacation where he is graduating from boot camp. Does anyone know what there is to do around that area?

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 9:47 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Travel

• LOL! I am from Missouri and there isn't tons to do,, but the good news is your about 2 hours from the Lake and about 2 hours from Kansas City,,, there are tons of antique malls, fruit stands and stuff on the road to the base. If your driving you could either come on up to the "big city" or go to the Lake of the Ozarks,,,it is beautiful this time of year,, I always stay in Laurie MO,, it is the less crowded side and you can get pretty cheap rooms, or a condo,, google lake of the Ozarks,,,if you want to party it up,,the Holiday Inn on the other side of the lake is close to bars and stuff,, have a great time!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:13 AM on May. 26, 2010

• psssh nothing. lol Well you could go camping, Ft. Leonard Wood Is just an army base in the middle of no where. My Hubby graduated from basic there a year ago. but St Louis is only like a couple hours away. If I were you I would deffinantly found out what all you could do there instead.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:13 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Oh yeah the zoo in St. Louis is awesome as well, 2 1/2 hour drive,, but admission is free!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:15 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I'm from Kansas City. Your sort of in the middle of a few things, a few hours drive really. Kansas City you have things like Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun, Saint Louis arches, Springfield Caverns, Lake of the Ozaraks, and Branson has lots of fun things for the family. And I agree with kimigogo saint Louis zoo is awesome, and worth the drive!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 11:26 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Nothing.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 12:38 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Six Flags is near there

Answer by admckenzie at 7:56 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Bigfoot 4x4 Monster trucks has their shop in north St. Louis. They have Bigfoot 5 there that has the 10' tall tires on it that you can look at, as well as the van with tank tracks on it. You can check out the shop and depending on what day you go even talk to a few drivers. Also there are is a NASCAR go cart track and theme park as well.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 6:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010