Mirena

PLEASE...anyone have experiences to share about the Mirena IUD...I am supposed to go get it tomorrow and I'm not sure if I should. I have heard great stuff about it. and my doctor that I trust says its great, but I read all kinds of horror stories about it. What are your experiences with it...good and bad?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 9:47 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is my second one and I love it. The first one I had in for a year and then I moved so I had it taken out just in case I had problems and didn't have a new doctor. (My tubes were already tied). No complaints. I had it put in about a year and a half ago, I haven't had a period in a year. I have mine to control my periods.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:49 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I had horrible experiences with the mirena. I was depressed, I gained over 25 pounds. No sex drive. I would snap at anything, like one minute I was fine, the next I was mad at the world. It was awful. The only good thing about it was I didn't have my period from the second month I got it in until I got it removed a year and a half later. But then after I had it removed, it took me almost a year to get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Ive had mine for 2 years. I didn't gain weight, it didn't make me depressed, sex drive was the same if not better. When I first got it in I spotted for a while, and then never ever had a period again. :) I love mine. If we decide not to have anymore kids then I will definably be getting another one.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:14 AM on May. 26, 2010