Have you ever known anyone who committed suicide?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes. My 18 year old cousin about 6 years ago. He hung himself by the neck with a rope from a tree behind an apartment developement during a party. He was being harrassed about being gay...I guess he just snapped. It didnt' help that he was drinking a lot that night, popping pills and snorting coke. It was on the news. His mom found out when the police came knocking on their door the next morning. She had to go down and identify his body. It was horrible. I would never wish for a family to go through this.
    I also had another cousing shoot himself in the head with a shotgun on top of a building when I was 5. He couldnt' get over his gfriend breaking up with him.
    And one other cousin, I never knew. He lived in Europe.He jumped off a building to his death, also over the loss of a love.

We have much history of depression in our family.It is sad.
    Anonymous

• yes :( miss him terribly. He was one of my best friends and meant so much to so many people.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:56 AM on May. 26, 2010

• A girl I knew in school killed herself. I have no idea why. She had a beautiful little girl she left behind that her sister is now raising. I think it's very sad that she couldn't keep it together for her kid. I guess there must have been something going on that was pretty bad. :(
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 10:07 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, a guy I was friends with. He had a fight with his gf, she left, and when she got back she found him. He had hung himself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes I do,,, he had gotten into drugs and he was facing jail time,,,,it was awful
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:09 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, I have known a few.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:12 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes. A friend of mine finally left her abusive husband. While she was in Penelope house she shot himself in their living room. He left a video taunting her. It was really rough for a while. Especially for the kids. That was a little over a year ago.What's awful is less then a year later his brother OD'ed on something and his poor parents have lost both their children!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:13 AM on May. 26, 2010

• * HE shot HIMSELF
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:14 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:19 AM on May. 26, 2010