so my son has asking been asking me for his daddy. how do i explain to him he doesnt really have one?

my son and i have nothing to do with his father due to the fact that he is a level three sex offender and a dead beat dad. he has been asking me about his dad and i really dont know wat to tell him. please help me figure this out my son is only two so he really doesnt understand....

mommacj13108

Asked by mommacj13108 at 9:54 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I plan on telling my son that some people just dont' have daddies until they're older, like him. That we have to find him one. I agree, someone must have said something to him about it because my son has never said anything about having one and he's two and a half.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:05 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I would keep as close to the truth as possible so that when he is older and asks more specific questions it will be a little easier to answer. Tell him his daddy is not a very nice man and is not allowed to come over, or something along those lines.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:57 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Someone must have said something about a father to him. My nephew is 5 and has never even thought or said anything about having a father or where his daddy is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Wow! A three time convicted sex offender? I would tell him he is deceased, sorry but this guy is in no shape or form to care for a kid, even if it mean his own. I want to ask you a question, and please do not be offended. Were you aware of his conviction before you conceived a child with him? I'm asking this because I'm curious to why you would bear a child with someone like this. We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect, but a three time convicted child offender is someone I would want to see on a remote island out of our country.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:00 AM on May. 26, 2010

• i dont know who would but i feel sooo bad
    mommacj13108

Answer by mommacj13108 at 10:01 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I would tell him the truth tell him daddy was bad and did bad things and now yall can't see him anymore keep telling him how much you love him and everyone in your family loves him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 26, 2010

• i didnt know until after i found out i was pregnant. i felt really stupid cuz there were so many signs and i missed them all.
    mommacj13108

Answer by mommacj13108 at 10:03 AM on May. 26, 2010

• has the father ever tried to see the child? how old was the child when you left his father?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Level three is serious and you need to keep your child as far away from him as possible. I mentioned deceased, but that was a little harsh especially after reading the other responses. Just explain to him that his daddy is not a good man, and for his protection, you need to make sure he is safe. Trust me, when he get older he will want to know more about his daddy, but right now he is still young. Who would harm a child? I see so many horrible sad stories on tv about sex offenders, and their victims are as young as 4. It really sickens me to my stomach to know they live among us in our neighborhoods, on our jobs, in our churches.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:05 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Since he is only a year old how can he be asking? Just tell him no dad.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:06 AM on May. 26, 2010