Anyone else found out who their real friends are since having a baby?

Is it just me or has anyone else realised and found out who there real friends are since having a baby?

One of mine hasnt bothered with me since Xmas and I can only assume this is the reason as I have not seen her to upset her or anything.......

Its a real shame but I would rather have a few close friends who I know are real ones than loads of pals who are not always there for you.

Kelly xXx

KellyOldfield

Asked by KellyOldfield at 10:17 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah every since I had my daughter 4 years ago. I've had one true friend. Its lonely but my husband and daughter are here so I guess Im good...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I don't know that I would guess that she is a real friend or not, but maybe you are just in different phases of life. If she doesn't have kids, then you have less to connect on at this time. Don't give these friends up, they will get where you are at some point and you will have more in common with them at that point. Kids are a huge part of our lives, especially when they are so little. Single or childless people don't like to hear all about kids all the time, they don't identify. It might be sad now, but when she goes through it you can be her mentor since you have been there and done that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I always knew who my true friends were. I knew that there would be some that once I had a family, they would move in their own direction. This is the same thing that happens to someone who stops drinking. Those people that they always thought of as true friends are only around for the good time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yep! still in the same boat. The friends I thought were my friends are no longer my friends. I can't spend the time with them nor talk to them as much as I want. I really do try. I moved away from them so that just made things harder.
    But we don't have the same interests anymore. Way of thinking is different.
    I have found a lot of new moms and loving it.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 10:22 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, I dont have any lol Well, I do have one but she has 2 kids and another on the way, so we dont get to like hang out often.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:24 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I am glad its not just me ladies!! Its a shame I guess but loads of my friends without kids still make an effort and we still go out! Which is why I find it so bad that some dont. Wait till they are in the same place as me and guess they will know how I felt xXx
    KellyOldfield

Answer by KellyOldfield at 10:29 AM on May. 26, 2010

• YES
    Anonymous

• Same here, I lost almost all my "friends" after I had my DS four years ago. Now I only have one true friend, she has been my best friend since I was 4. It sucks because she lives 8hrs away from me now but whenever she is in town we always hang out and we talk to eachother on the phone often, but I would rather have my one true friend then a bunch of fake ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel. I lost a lot of friends when I had my first child. It's really sad that it has to be that way, but I totally agree with you, "I would rather have a few close friends who I know are real ones than loads of pals who are not always there for you".

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHapyyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 10:52 AM on May. 26, 2010