I think its fiar that SD do the cleaning...

My husband and I have been married for 6 years.... about 2 years ago we found out he has a "love child" who is now 12 ....well now her mother is very sick and she has to come live with us ....with her moving in, we will being spending extra money ( at the mothers request, we never had to pay child support) .... and so now the cleaning lady is not in the budget..... our DS is only 3, so he cannot do the cleaning of course....but I feel SD can do the cleaning especially right now that school will be out ( when she comes to live with us) ... and then when she starts back at school I feel she can do it before she goes ( or even 1/2 before school and 1/2 after ) ...

Husband thinks I am being unfair, i dont think so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think she can help with cleaning or do other chores. But you can't make her do all the cleaning. Shes not cinderella shes your husbands daughter. Shes a person its not her fault hers moms sick why would you make her life harder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I think you are. clean your house yourself why make a child do it. Its ok for her to have chores but there is no reason to treat her like cinderella. I think you are grown enough to handle your own housework. And I think it is very selfish of you to even think that. just because mom can't support her doesn't mean you get to treat like unwanted step child. Gosh I think you must be a troll.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:48 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Ummm first of all she is going to have to get used to living with you guys,, what a blessing that you never had to pay child support. Honestly you should have offered.. it is not your stepdaughter's fault that YOUR husband and HER mother made her! I think she should be responsible for cleaning her room etc,,,, and get an allowance for the chores that are assigned to her! But your the MOM and if you expect her to clean up after you come on,,,, she isn't Cinderalla!!! Have some compassion for the fact she is coming to a new enviroment and her mother is really sick! You need to get your head on straight,, and treat her like she is your own!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I think it's fair for her to HELP, but not do the entire thing! That's asking an awful lot of a 12 year old. She's still a child, let her have some fun this summer too.

Answer by missanc at 10:50 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I hope this is not a real question!! Get up and clean it yourself! Pay her for chore,, please be a fake question, poor little girl!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:51 AM on May. 26, 2010

• picking up... yes

to take over for a cleaning lady is COMPLETLEY unfair

peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:52 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Who is she? cinderella??? Her mother is sick...she has to live with you guys now and you want her to do all the cleaning? I believe in assigning her some chores, but your acting like she has to pay her way with you if she want to live there. Shouldn't it just be the responsibility of your husband to take care of his child because her mother is sick? Divorced or not the two of THEM are still her parents and you should step up and act like a parent as well rather than an evil step mother!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 26, 2010

• It's fine for her to help but there is no reason for her to clean your house. And it is very telling that you put in there because she has come to live with you, through some really sad circumstances, you have no money for a cleaning lady. It's hard to beleive that with three people in the house that was ever needed. You more upset that you can't afford someone to clean your house than that poor girl's mother being sick enough her daughter has to come live with you. It's not her fault she was born and your husband is her father. Honestly, it's okay for you two to take her in especially considering he never paid child support even though the mother didn't ask. You need to take a step back from the jealousy or anger or whatever is making you behave so badly at such a hard time.
    Anonymous

• This is your DH's DAUGHTER, not a servant or slave. Of course she should help with some chores, but it is completely ridiculous for you to expect her to do all the cleaning. How would you feel if you were a child with a sick mother who had to go live with Dad and Step-Mom only to be told you have to EARN your keep by doing all the cleaning. SHe is not Cinderella, but you definitely are behaving like the wicked step-mother. This is a child in need and you should welcome her into your family rather than make her feel even less accepted.
    Anonymous

• Is her name Cinderella? Are you the evil stepmother? She is going through a terrible time. She has to leave her own mother. You are going to take her in and have her be your little slave? Shame on you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:54 AM on May. 26, 2010