how can i save my marriage?

I have been married now for one year and two months, six months into our marriage my husband told me that he is a recovering drug/Alcohol/porn addict he also told me that he didn't want to tell me before because he was afraid i woudn't marry him. The truth is i definately not have married him had i known before, but i fell in love with my husband the person as oppose to my husband the addict i am trying so hard to let our marriage work but i have absolutely no knowledge about drugs i'm 36 yrs i've never seen cocaine or any other hard drugs i was never exposed to anything like this my family is as straight as an arrow never been to jail not even a speeding ticket how the hell do i deal with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• People do recover from addiction. Give it a chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Don't add stress to yourself or the marriage. He is a RECOVERING addict so you are obviously incentive for him to remain on track. Just live life and enjoy each day. Don't worry about "what if". If he backslides then you do like everything else life can throw at you, you deal with it. Go to the Al anon meetings while he goes to AA and AN meetings. That way you can get moral support from other wives in your position

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on May. 26, 2010

• It could be that you help him want to be that better person. Love who he is now, not who he used to be. The person he used to be has nothing to do with you & is long gone, so let it go & be happy that your DH made the right choices to better himself.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:19 AM on May. 26, 2010

• be a great wife, be sweet and loving and caring, and be there for him so that you can keep being an incentive for him to not turn back to his old ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 26, 2010