What would you charge to babysit 2 children for 7-9 days?

My stepmom asked if I would sit my neice & nephew for 7-9 days & how much would I charge. Ages are 3 (not potty trained) & 5yrs. Im not sure what would be reasonable. When my stepmom babysit for me so i could work, she charged me $75 a wk for 1 toddler; then went up to $100 when I got a raise.

I have 2 children of my own (ages 3 & 5) and I also babysit a 16month old during the day. My niece & nephew would be staying the night here also. So thats 3 meals, snacks, baths, etc.

So what would you charge if you were in my position?

eblstanford

Asked by eblstanford at 10:47 AM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know if I'd charge family if it was just for a few days. But if this is for a long haul, & it is family, maybe $100 a week because thats probably what it costs to feed the 2 of them & diaper usage.
    MamaBranson20

Answer by MamaBranson20 at 2:28 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Well, they are family... But I'd do 20 bucks a day per child... Depending on the financial situation of the parents of course, and yours too. If you can afford and are willing to go lower, that'd be the courteous thing to do.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 12:34 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't charge them anything, but they should provide diapers, wipes and bring some snacks and leave you $50-$100 for activities.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:39 PM on May. 26, 2010