Rude Daycare Director!!

When I drop my DD off at preschool the director is stand-offish and she says hi to my dd but not to me.At first it didn't bother me but I noticed she's very friendly with other parents and greets them with enthusiasm with a good morning and when they leave have a nice day. I'm not sure what I did to offend her. I want to send a e-mail to the center owner who is a really nice lady.Am I being petty? I was going to send the e-mail anonymously because they might talk about me behind my back. It's a really nice center but I feel uncomfortable dropping her off. Any Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• IDK, I would rather my DS's center director say hi to my son than to me..... I'm only there for a few minutes, he is there all day.

Do you feel like he is well cared for, loved? If so, I wouldn't make an issue out of it, but if you have concerns please be an adult and address it with the director before going over her head to the owner... you would want a coworker to come to you first instead of straight to your boss, right?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:56 AM on May. 26, 2010

• OH No! You are not being petty. That is very unprofessional. Is this woman working with your child all day? If she is rude to you she may be rude to some of the kids too. I would ask her if you can talk to her in private and straight up ask her what HER issue is?? My sister is having similar issues with her daycare. She is looking for a new one.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:58 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I used to be a director and if you treat her that way, you will definitely be met with a cold shoulder. I think you are being petty. Approach her with a happy attitude instead of sitting back, taking notes and "observing" what you've interpreted as her attitude. You are looking for a fight. If you send an email anonymously it won't be taken seriously and I can guarantee they will figure out it is you. As for talking behind your back, its probably already happening if the other parents are warm and friendly and you are acting like this. Be an adult. Your kids are watching you as you model this behavior and I'm sure you are talking about the staff in an unfavorable manner within ear shot of them. If you don't like it there, leave. Your kids will do better. You are the type of parent we always thought was a nightmare anyway. Believe me, you are also being watched and opinions are being formed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 26, 2010

• MLMO503, she didn't say they were being rude to her kids. They just weren't being as warm and friendly with her as the other mothers. She said they always say hi to her child. Petty? Yep. Grow up and be nice and warm to the director. Best foot forward and I bet things will turn around. Why do people always want conflict? Some thrive on it I guess. Life is way too short. Be positive. People will treat you as you treat them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Anon 10:58 are you for real???????????? She did nothing wrong! Maybe that's why you are no longer a daycare director.
    Anonymous

• OP here-Excuse me anon10:58 AM !!! I come in say good morning to her and I'm never rude. I don't talk about anyone there I drop my kid off smile say hello and leave. So you are wrong everything you are accusing me of is wrong!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 26, 2010

• She is the parent and paying for "quality" childcare. That is not professional to be rude to a student's parent. If someone was rude to me I would not allow them to care for my child. Of course she is being nice to the kid while the parent is there. IDK maybe me and you have different standards? I don't let people treat me that way.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 11:07 AM on May. 26, 2010

• OP here- Anon at 11:02 AM I have tried to be more friendly but I get the same result 6months later. it didn't work. I'm a nice person I'm not looking for trouble.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I think the OP is being petty. To escalate it to the owner of the daycare because she's not saying hello to you?? Your ego shouldn't hinge so much on the type of greeting you get. They're not being outright rude to you, just not greeting you as you want to be. As long as they treat your daughter well, pull up those big girl panties and move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 26, 2010

• well, my advice is either to let it go or begin searching for a new provider

however, if this is your only beef with the center and you feel that your children are well cared for, you have to weigh this issue with the hastle of finding a new provider
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:10 AM on May. 26, 2010