Do you think the wife has any say so...

So I got this question from Maury...lol

If your husband cheated on you and had a child with the other woman....or even had a child with another, but didnt find out until after you were married ...do you think you have any kind of say so with the child....

EX: On Maury, the girl was pregnant by a womans husband ( he cheated) ... and the wife wasnt yelling or anything at this girl, but the girl decided to keep saying, you dont need to be up here, you dont have any part of it, etc...

The way I see it, the WIFE does have a right to it ( basically be on the stage with her husband....and also have a part of raising the child) ........ It isnt like when the father has the child in his care that the wife will leave the house, so she has no part in it.... it is not like it will be effecting her also ( and her/their other children) ... Like if my husband was to find out he had another child... * continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would be helping too... I would most likely be the one changing diapers and making bottles or taking them to places during the day when the child is in our care ( visitation) .... I would be there while my husband is with his child... so unless the wife says she is leaving if her husband has another child... why wouldnt she have a say so with the child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 26, 2010

• This might just be me but I wouldn't have one thing to do with the child if he/she were made during my marriage. I likely wouldn't stay with my husband if he could be that big of an a**hole to cheat on me and not even bother to think to prevent a pregnancy. If the child were made before we got together that would still be a hard pill to swallow. I think the wife should have a say if she wants but I don't know why any wife would want a say in that kind of situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 26, 2010

• With my first husband...honestly...that happened. I was 7 months pregnant with our son when I caught him naked in another womans bed(long story). She ended up getting pregnant. 7 months later when my son was 7 months old, his daughter was born. The chic wanted my husband to spend time with the baby...but only with her at her house and for them to do stuff together as a family...crazy,huh? Eventually after MANY fights,arguements and tears, the baby was allowed to come to our house...where I was the one that basically did EVERYTHING. I turned out to be nothing more than a babysitter for thier kid. I loved the little girl dearly and even now...I invite her and her sister to my sons bday parties, I've taken them camping with me and they have spent the night. And we've been divorced since my son was 4.That was 6 years ago.They are my sons sisters and I want them to be close.
    Anonymous

• i would divorce my husband if that ever happened
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:15 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Divorce time! And run screaming time!
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:22 AM on May. 26, 2010

• It would be nice if people could get passed the anger and do what is best for the child. I'm guessing the mom having a good relationship with the step mom would benefit the child. Let's put ourselves in the place of the child, what would you want?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:30 AM on May. 26, 2010

• honestly i would be too angry and hurt to even consider it. and my husband would be dead meat. me being a part of that child's life wouldn't really be an issue because I would leave him.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:45 AM on May. 26, 2010