Has anyone had protein show up when you got your urine tested?

My urine test showed protein. I did not think it was a big deal so I did not ask how much. When I got home I googled it and it could mean kidney probblems or infection. Have many of you had this result from your urine test. I think I best not google things like this since it is turning me into a worry wart probably for nothing.

Joders82

Asked by Joders82 at 11:08 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have before and usually it is nothing to worry about if you don't have any symptoms of preeclampsia such as high blood pressure or swelling. I had it show a few times with my first daughter but since it didn't repeat the next visit my midwife wasn't concerned. This pregnancy (my 5th) I have had very bad swelling in my feet and my OB says if I have a spike in my BP or protein in my urine then he will induce due to my last child I had preeclampsia with and he isn't willing to take the risk. Remember between visits you can call your doctor with any questions you may have.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:14 AM on May. 26, 2010

• With my last pregnancy I had a little bit almost every time I went in. They just watched to make sure it stayed at a constant and it did. My little guy is now 16 months old and healthy and I am also healthy.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:19 AM on May. 26, 2010

• One of my urine tests came back with protein in it but none of the others so far and the doctor said that it was nothing to worry about.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:20 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I had a "trace" of protien once. That was it. They just mentioned it to me and said dont worry. They test that because when you get high blood pressure it puts it in your urine. They are keeping an eye out for preclampsia.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:14 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I've had protein in my urine at every office visit. Unless you have other symptoms of preeclampsia, it's nothing to worry about. If you have high levels they will make you do a 24 hour urine output test to screen for kidney problems but a little bit isn't cause for concern.

Answer by missanc at 12:44 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I had protein in my urine at every visit during every pregnancy. For me it was because I was never hydrated enough.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:27 PM on May. 26, 2010