E-smokes, third hand smoke? Opinions??? QIOG

I recently switched from regular smokes to e-smokes and I'm wondering what your opinions on them are?

I don't want to know you don't like that I smoked/smoke. I have severe OCD and nicotine helps me stay off meds that all seem to make me suicidal. It is odd but it works so I don't question it. My psyc recommended e-smokes to me and they seem to work well so far. I have never liked smoking but the gum and patches did not work as well.

There does not seem to be a lot of research into the e-smokes but logically water vapor, with a bit of alcohol and nicotine must be 100x safer to have the residue on me around my kids than CO and chemical and various poison ridden tobacco cigs?

My main concern is the residue exposure to my children as third hand smoke has always been a concern of mine that I've tried to address with hand scrubs, outfit changes, a hair cover etc. But I am hoping the e-smokes will be safer.. ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• from what i know, they are safer. i dont even think the electronic ciggerate leaves a residue on you. but to be safe, i wouldnt smoke it in the house or anything like that. my SO tried the e cigg at one point, and i never smelled anything on him & i was pregnant so im sure i would of.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:21 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I complain agree about 3rd hand smoke. I think if you can smell a cigg than you can smell and breath in it's chemicals. I use to be a smoke but stopped when I had my daugter so I know how tough it is to quit, but it would be best for you and your children I believe. But if that is not an option spray yourself down with body sprays, and wash you hand, and make sure you don't smoke in the car or in the house where the kids are or are going to be! Good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 26, 2010

• E-Smoke is JUST as bad.... common now.

Oh and they don't know how it sits with prego women yet because not enough tests or it hasn't been around long enough to link harmful things to it!

Way to be a test subject with the E-smoke. Why not just quit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Anon, e-smokes are different from regular smokes.. they are water vapor, nicotine, and an alcohol which helps to evaporate the water fast.
    Spraying yourself with a body spray wouldn't help cause it'd just cover the 3rd hand smoke up with a scent not get rid of the residue.. I actually put my smoking coat on to keep it off my clothes and put a rag over my hair that I wash a lot for same reason.

But I'm trying to not smoke regular smokes. Just the water vapor ones. I hope they are safer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I love e-smokes. Green Smoke is the best option! They feel and taste real (unless you get the chocolate or cherry flavored ones) and there is NO second hand smoke, NO smell & NO Tar or Additives... You'll have the option of choosing a "full" nicotine option which equals filter-less cigarettes all the way down to a no nicotine option. Which will eventually allow you to break the habit... That's all I smoke. Now, they are more costly in the beginning. Your first investment will be about $140 but beyond that they are generally less than half of what you would pay for the regular ones...

Here's the site...  GreenSmoke

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 AM on May. 26, 2010

• To anon 11:26 because every time I quit smoking my OCD and anxiety goes so out of control I can't function.. I mean.. like paint the walls with blood not function. I don't know why nicotine makes me less anxious but it does. Most meds I've tried have ended up with me in a psychiatric hospital. I told you I did not want to hear your opinions that I should just quit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 26, 2010