So what's wrong with me?

Iam a SAHM. Nice house, nice car, beautiful healthy baby and husband. But I am miserable. I get overwhelmed by house work, laundry, and cooking. I put off going food shopping because I cannot stand going. I get dressed and get out the door and then I sit in the car becasue I don't want to deal with stores. Also I don't like doing things with other people other than my mother. I don't like waiting around for other people to do things. I've never seen a counselor but maybe I should? Is this depression? Anxiety? Laziness? All of the above? All I want to do is be online all day. It's obviously affecting my marriage and relationships. I've never taken medication steadily. Don't like the side effects. I tried Prozac but didn't like it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like you need an activity or hobby to get your out and about. I've been through slumps like that but it sounds like you've been to the doctor before for feeling this way. I'd go back and let them know. Its hard for us as nonprofessionals to make a diagnosis of depression on here. It could be a bunch of things or something very simple. Have you tried counseling, or maybe a group of friends to play cards and have adult conversation? Good Luck! I hope you feel better soon. By the way I don't like housework either. I think you have that in common with a lot of people on here! :0)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 26, 2010

• i feel the same way sometimes. you should exercise, its the best medicine and its natural. it cures everything, i promise.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:27 AM on May. 26, 2010

• You sound alot like me. For me it's depression caused from being homesick. My family lives 1400 miles away and I have only a few friends. Sometime I think about going back towork so I can meet more people and get my mind off of things. I hate taking care of the house and doing the shopping too, sometimes I just want to stay in bed all day. Things have gotten better for me but I think only because I am TDY with my husband right now and am closer to my family. I know I'll dread going back home because I can't stand living there, we have no one there:( I've tried a few different anitdepressnts but the Dr. I was seeing would only prescribe me zoloft and that knocks me out and makes me like a walking zombie. I think you should talk to you Dr. about it, it could be post partum depression.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I agree with PURPULbutterfly take her advice.
    it could be bc you are just so used to doing the same ole same change your routine a bit. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:26 PM on May. 26, 2010