How many of you " Career Mommies" have no time to Cook??

Being a mom is hard enough, let alone being a Career Mom with a household to run,
a husband to take care of..at the end of the day do you want to come home and cook or is it more convenient to order out?

readytoscream2

Asked by readytoscream2 at 11:23 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we cook 95% of the time...
    they may not be elaborate meals, but they are made in my kitchen
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:24 AM on May. 26, 2010

• My husband gets off of work a couple hours earlier in the afternoon than I do so he does most of the cooking. I would be perfectly willing to cook, but it would be 6:30 or 7 before we ever ate dinner and dd just can't and shouldn't have to wait that long.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:35 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I make time too cook 6 days out of 7! Why would I want to give my children unhealthy fast food all the time, it is all about organization!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:37 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I agree with PP, I cook nearly every night as well. Maybe once every 10-14 days I don't, but even then it's not usually take out but a "fend for yourself/leftovers" situation. Most working moms I know have no problem making healthy meals from scratch for their families during the week.
    Anonymous

• I can't imagine working full time with a disabled spouse.

There are lots of tricks to making a healthy dinner every night. On weekends, cook brown rice and freeze in wax bags in meal sized portions; put the wax bags in a big zipper bag. The wax bag can be safely microwaved. Cook pasta while you are cleaning up dinner; you can use in the next night. Keep your freeze well stocked: whole wheat tortillas can be pizza crusts; chopped vegetables can be tossed in sauces, become a quick stir-fry, etc.; buy bagged salads.

I always keep black bean and sweet potato burritos in the freezer;

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 PM on May. 26, 2010