how low can people go?!

I called children medical service to sign up with them to get straight medicaid for my son since he has a hearing problem, well.. they went to look him up and THERE WAS SOMEONE else who signed up a kid with my son's first, middle, and last name, birth date, and social security number, in a county next to mine.. I was pissed! I already called FTC to report an idenity theft.. but who the hell would stoop that low, to steal something when you can easily get it since it's FOR children

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 11:25 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That is a weird thing to happen! Maybe it is an illegal immigrant and that was the only way they could get approved? Not saying thats okay..just trying to figure out WHY someone would do something like that. OR what if its a kidnapped kid and they needed an identity to give the child and they needed some medical help? Wow...you got my braining smoking now! lol. There could be lots of reasons...hope they find out who that imposter is !!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 26, 2010

• People think identity theft happens only to adults. Children are particularly vulnerable because it's harder to catch.  Maybe the other child is in this country illegally, and this allows the parents to get benefits. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 26, 2010

• i hope so to.. all I know is her name is ashley.. so I gave them that and hops it'll help with the search.. makes me mad.. my son's only 8 months old!
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:33 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I saw that a few times working at a finance company. Sometimes it was illegals using stolen IDs. Others were relatives who had access to the info (grandparents, parents,etc) because they were one of the care givers and had access to paperwork. There was one guy who got a car loan using the ss# and name of his 3 year old son - he was sr, son was jr, so aside from ss#, all the info matched.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:51 AM on May. 26, 2010