father's day for father figure

my boyfriend has been the closest thing to a father my son has ever had in his life. how do i go about recognizing him as a "father figure" for connor on father's day. any ideas?

connorsmommy418

Asked by connorsmommy418 at 11:27 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• anything you would've done for a father.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:43 AM on May. 26, 2010

• agree! make it as special for him as if he were the biological father but even more so because he chose to stick around and be that guy... gotta love him! good luck!
    MomInc

Answer by MomInc at 11:47 AM on May. 26, 2010

• My dd said she is making my boyfriend a card for fathers day. Is your sone old enough to make something? you could do handprints if he is a baby. You can spend the day together as a family and cook out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 26, 2010

• depends on how old your son is. for my DS, he's 4 and he's getting my BF a video game- one so they can play together even when BF is at home. we're gonna also make a fathers day card, but instead of father, it's gonna say his name.. "Happy Benny Day!" lol he's taken the role of being a father, maybe not fully but more than his bio-dad.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 12:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• hes 2! thanks guys for your input! i like the idea of making it "happy tim day!" instead of happy father's day :)
    connorsmommy418

Answer by connorsmommy418 at 10:33 AM on May. 27, 2010