Sounds stupid but...

Would you worry about your husband still loving you if you started losing your teeth? Im only 22 and ever since I got pregnant I have had on-going dental problems. I have always taken care of my teeth and gums, brush and floss regularly, and visit my dentist for check-ups when Im supposed to. Well now, 2 years after pregnancy, the problem is only getting worse. I cant brush my teeth properly anymore, I have to use a VERY soft baby toothbrush otherwise my teeth chip. Well Im worried, my husband deserves a young, good looking woman...now he is stuck with me, 22 going on 90!! He never says anything about my teeth, he shows no signs of being bothered by it. But I guess I feel guilty or something, because he is stuck with me, who may not have any teeth left by the time im 30....

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 11:32 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I have the same problem. I have lost a two of my front teeth, and three of the back ones, and the others are always chipping. I'm not worried about it husband-wise. I figured he didn't marry me for my teeth, and if he did, he's one shallow ass and not worth staying married to. Just ask him outright if it bugs him. If he says no, believe him, if he says yes, you need counseling or something to get to the root of why bad teeth would make him stop loving what's inside. Good luck.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:38 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I would just get veneers or something. Im sure he will still love you. That must be very difficult though so I am sorry. But I cant see why he would stop loving you for something that you have no control over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 26, 2010

• honestly, yes i would be worried about it only because if my SO lost his teeth, i would be pretty turned off. i have to force my SO to brush his teeth sometimes because hes so lazy, and i always tell him, if you loose your teeth, im gonna divorce you. i tell him that because his mom is missing a bunch of her teeth. teeth are kind of a priority to me i guess. if i was you, i would be saving up money and getting fake teeth for sure. hopefully you have dental insurance. why cant you fix them!?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:07 PM on May. 26, 2010

• i'm 37 and have false front teeth. ironically when i was younger my teeth were so striaght and pretty everyone thought i had dentures, now i do...i feel how u do sometimes. i don't take them out in front of him but once i had them out and he said nonchalantly "i didn't know u could take them out" and went on about his business. If he acts like it doesn't bother him..it doesn't. Men in love... are just that. Don't let your insecurities make you feel guilty because that is more unattractive to a man than the woman he loves w/no teeth. BELIEVE ME! good luck and btw no teeth can actually spruce up your love life if you get my drift. LOL;> good luck
    MomInc

Answer by MomInc at 12:12 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes. I'm having some weird thing going on with my front teeth and the thought of losing them does make me think about what SO will do. It's just insecurity. I'm sure these guys are with us for more than just our teeth!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Well most of you made me feel a lil better. I mean I have only lost 5 teeth so far. 3 wisdom teeth fell out, which is probably more of a blessing than anything. And The other two are also way in the back. So its not noticable yet. And uhm...purple, I havent "gotten them fixed" because my dentist doesnt want to remove ALL of my teeth to put dentures in, because my teeth have no cavities or noticable problems, no plaqe, he is not even sure why i have lost the teeth that i have, as they were fine also. and im sorry, im not paying the money to get individual teeth implants.family needs come before my stupid teeth.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 2:29 PM on May. 26, 2010