Didn't get a mother's day gift.

Hubby works a lot and never got me a gift. He got me cards and one from our daughter. Should I let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Count ur blessings at least he though about u ..... U probablly deserve alot more than a card but guys suck!!! I have 3 children and a laid off husband the night b4 mothers day he said sorry I don't have and money so I told him probablly a dozen things he could do for me for free and I didn't get a single thing not a construction paper card from the kids or nothing !!! I know how u feel though totally unappreciated!!!!
    AlishaK126

Answer by AlishaK126 at 12:16 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Least you got a card...thats acknowledment.
    My best friends husband didn't get her squat...and they have 4 kids together and 2 step children. She didnt say anything all morning but she was hurt. Then while they were out that afternoon, he pulled into a parking lot for a store and told her to wait in the car with 3 of the kids and he took the oldest in with him. She got all excited thinking he was going in there to suprise her with something. He came out of the store iwth a big cheesey grin on his face and his hands behind his back. She was sure it was something for her. He openend the car door and showed her what he bought....a freakin BB GUN RIFLE for HIMSELF. How pathetic is that. What an ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Why does a lack of a material item upset you is what you need to ask yourself. Does he give you attention? Buy you things on random days for no reason? Do you know he loves you? Remember, men do not understand us. He probably thought a card was very thoughtful. Just a mans mind set. Maybe he thought you guys couldnt afford it or something.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:40 AM on May. 26, 2010

• A card was enough. I suggest you read the 5 love languages. It is about how people express and feel love differently. I like quality time so if my SO only got me a gift but I didnt ge the quality time he may think he showed appreciation by buying a gift but I on the other hand would not have felt the love because i need him to spend time with me. Hope this makes sense. Together you guys can figure out how to best show love and appreciation.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• yes let it go, Im sorry you havent already, he got you something to show you he appreciates you, isnt that enough?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• It's been 2.5 weeks since Mother's Day. Yes, let it go. Besides you DID get something. You got a card.

All I got was a "Happy Mother's Day" and a hug and I feel that was completely adequate. It's not about how much is spent on you, it's about taking a moment out of that day to let you know you are appreciated as a mom.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:49 AM on May. 26, 2010

• you got more than i did!! i didnt even get a "happy mothers day", not a card, nothing!! not even a phonecall!!! but whatever!! my mom took my daughter shopping and bought me a card, a "worlds best mom" door hangy thing, a candle, and some beautiful flowers!! as long as i heard it from her, thats all that matters :) just means he aint gettin nothin for fathers day! LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:54 AM on May. 26, 2010

• YOU R NOT HIS MOTHER!!!!! So yes, let it go
    Anonymous