Why can woman on CafeMom is so darn mean?

I come onto CafeMom for advice, and support, but yet there are some woman on here that like to tell you what you've been doing is all wrong and it's all your fault. How the heck is that going to solve the problem? My daughter is 2 and I still nurse her, that is my choice, and I come on here for advice and help from people that know about that, but yet I get woman telling me I should of stopped a long time ago, and that nursing till 2 is horrible... maybe to you, but not me SO BACK OFF!! Why do these woman think it's okay to just be mean , and make me feel like what I'm doing is ALL wrong? It's so rude and immature!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ignore them. There was a woman who posted she nursed her EIGHT yr old. Now THAT might have been too long but 2 is fine. Don't let them get to you.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 AM on May. 26, 2010

• You just have to overlook women like that.....they exists everywhere, not just on cafemom. That's just like if I say that I'm only on facebook to re-connect with old high school buddies, but every time I log on there's drama. You can't get around it. Just ignore the "uppity" bitches and you'll be fine. :)
    soldierluvr0407

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 11:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Ignore her hun, no one but you knows what is best for your baby, but you expose yourself to these twits when you come into this open forum for advice.

Answer by older at 11:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Remember, on CM, if you don't have the same views as them you are wrong, no matter what you do. I think everyone has this problem, but women are deceptive, mean, and kniving creatures. Just blow them off. Don't get fired up by someone in the internet world. They do not know you.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:48 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Take the advice you think will work and leave the rest behind. Its how it is on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Ignore the bad and go with the good,, although lately I am noticing some mean questions as well,, Check out the lady who has a stepdaughter who has an ill mother,,, she expects her to clean her house in return for getting to stay there,,, there are several more,, just be happy momma and give that baby a hug!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:51 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I stood up for what you!

Some of the people on cm are incredibly uninformed and don't know any better. There was a mom the other day that washed her daughter's mouth out with soap and was going on and on about how good of a mother she is. Parents get arrested for that!

Breastfeeding is an emotional topic. Those that don't/won't do it lash out at those of us that do.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:53 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Majority of us get on her when we are mad, sad, and lonely. I dont think that they are being mean on purpose they just have some issues going on at home. Some women on here are not allowed to speak at home so they come on here with 10,000 words to say. As for you nursing your child while she is two...how does that feel? dont she has teeth? But anyways, that is your child and no one knows who you are and they will never understand why you do it. But you asked that question as though there is some kind of doubt in your mind that makes you want to stop. I ask ppl for advice because I feel two different ways and I want to know if some else feel the same way as me.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 12:17 PM on May. 26, 2010