• In the Spotlight:

Getting past the past?

I recently started dating a guy that i've liked for months. My friend knew that I liked him and before we started dating she was all over him one night when i wasn't there and starting giving him head and things happened. He told me about it when we decided to date and she doesn't know that I know. He says it didn't mean anything to him and he doesn't even like her and that if he wasn't drunk and she hadn't been so aggressive it wouldnt have happened. I know that's not really an excuse but I can't really be mad because we weren't dating. I can't even stand to look at this girl anymore so I'm just avoiding her. I'm not really sure how to put it behind me though so it doesn't get in the way of our relationship. Things are going really well between us, but I'm just having a hard time forgetting something like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• So you are mad at this girl for doing something while she was single with a guy that was single? Makes no sense. You are going to have to realize that everyone has a past. However, you say that the girl knew that you liked the guy and still did it, I would say that she's not much of a friend. I would tell her that you know what she did and do not want to be her friend anymore.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:57 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Yea I'm not mad that it happened because he was single. She wasn't so she's just a piece of shit. And she lied to my face saying I don't like black guys and she would make up lies about him saying that he's no good I should stay away and I'd be crying to her saying how I liked him and he just wasn't ready to be in a relationship and I didn't know what to do. To me that's the ultimate betrayal! It was only a one time thing but I don't want her anywhere near him because I don't trust her!!
    Anonymous

• The best way to put it behind you is to confront her and tell her how you feel. Otherwise it will eat at you for a long time. See what she has to say. Just a note, don't be shocked if her story is different than his.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 PM on May. 26, 2010

• This girl is a pathalogical liar and I know that I just never thought that it would affect me. Even if some of what he's saying isn't truthful I sure as hell can't believe her. I just know that confronting her wont get me anywhere. I think I'm gonna wait a month or so first because our relationship is so new I want to make sure it's stable before I do so.
    Anonymous

• Get over it for the sake of your relationship w/ him. u 2 weren't together @ the time. however if a friend knows you like a guy or dated a guy he is off limits forever or until you give her the okay! she doesn't respect you as a friend. dump her! good luck
    MomInc

Answer by MomInc at 1:04 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Thank you Mominc. The thought of them together just pops up at all the wrong times. I need to just think about how happy we are together and that he wants me and not her. She was still trying to get with him as of last saturday when is when he finally came out and told me why she's been acting so crazy. He wants nothing to do with her and didn't have any feelings for her and when he's with me the feelings and emotions are crazy!
    Anonymous