And I thought they said we were making this stuff up?

Imagine that! Doubt the VA will listen even now though. They seem to be very firm sticklers to the 'if we ignore them they'll go away' line of thinking!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-05-24-vetbraininjuries24_ST_N.htm

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 11:54 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:55 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Great article! I honestly had no idea about this. And I can totally see them saying that it was all made up. It took years for them to recognize the Gulf War Syndrome as a real disease. (I don't remember what they actually ended up calling it, but I do remember all the controversy about it, and that it was finally determined to be something real.) Sounds like this is the same kind of thing, but at least the scientists and doctors are quicker to see it as REAL, and to try to get some help for those affected.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:29 PM on May. 26, 2010