Would you be upset too ? ( accidently closed old question)

My sister was suppose to be married the saturday before my planned c-section ( on the following Friday- basically the only day my Dr will do it--and my husband already took it off work) ... well her fiance said he wants it now on my "due date" ... They CALLED ( meaning there is no invites) ...on MONDAY and wants everyone to be at the courthouse on THAT Friday ( which is almost 3 weeks away) ..at 11 am ( My c-section is at 9am...an hour away) . I already know I will have to stay in the hospital for atleast 6 days ( like I have before, because I have a bleeding condition)... ( So it wouldnt even matter if i could schedule it earlier that week) ...

So now I am upset that I cannot go to my sisters wedding and my mom is upset because she has to "chose" between seeing her wedding or her grandchild being born ...

And yes, this is also my 3rd child ( 3rd grandchild) ..but this is ALSO my sisters 3rd wedding !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say her fiancee is an ass and she isn't much better if she is going along with it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:59 AM on May. 26, 2010

• He sounds like a complete jerk and I have to wonder why she is okay with his plan. Have you talked to her about it?
    Anonymous

• You are acting spoiled and ridiculous. If your baby's health is in danger and you need to have the c section, do it. You are looking for attention. Let your mother attend your sisters wedding without guilt and she can come see your baby after it. Why would you put pressure on your mom like that? You are forcing her to choose and if she doesn't go with you I bet you hold it over her head forever. It just seems like the type of person you are based on your last post.
    Anonymous

• Yes I talked to her and my mom has talked to her but she is being a jerk too and was said " she will call my DR and MAKE him change my c-section" ....
    Anonymous

• Change your c section date to the day before or the day after, it will be easier and it costs way too much to change the wedding date and notify all of the guests. Use common sense here.
    Anonymous

• Wow! I'm so glad I have the relationship with my sisters that I have and I don't have one like you. You are so incredibly selfish and your children are learning from you. My father passed away unexpectedly and I was the only daughter he got to walk down the isle. It is something I will always treasure. Did your mother attend your wedding? My heart aches for my other two sisters because he wasn't able to do it. Life is way too short. You are bringing another precious life into this world. Don't start it with an ugly fight that can be avoided.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:12 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Ok, since you talked to her and she is being selfish, I think you should do your c-section on the day scheduled and ignore the nasty comments about your character. I'm sorry to say this but I think your sister and her fiance are being the spoiled and immature ones.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:12 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Anon 12:07 ...YOU are crazy ... you know absolutly nothing.... I am not forcing my mom to go to the hospital to see my baby ... SHE wants to ... she doubts my sister will be married to this man at the end of the year...on the other hand this will be her grandchild forever... ( her words) .... I have told her that she doesnt have to be there, because I wanted her to take my camera and take pics of my sister....but SHE SAID she wants to see my baby born ( she is going to hold my hand as they do the surgery) ....

and yes I do think my sister is being selfish .... she knew my date and they put it on that day.... how is that making ME selfish
    Anonymous

• 3rd birth out ranks third wedding. If I was your mom, I would be at the hospital. (or home watching your other two kids.) And no I wouldn't be upset about it at all. There will probably be a fourth wedding. Let's see if they make it to 1st anniversary! I'm so sorry you have this bleeding condition.

Anonymous

• Lifes-a-dance...yes my mother attended my wedding, she also attended my sisters other weddings...

I cannot change my date, they have already changed theirs more than once.... why cant they just change it one more time
    Anonymous