Should CM be able to delete emails people send you?

A week ago or so I had recieved an email from someone-but I never got to see from who or what they wrote because CM deleted it before I got to it. I imagine it was a mean email from someone wanting to "give me a piece of their mind," but I dont care if it was nasty. I do however care CM deleted it. Its been bothering me since it happened. I tried to not let it bother me, but I cannot fathom a reason this would be okay.

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 11:59 AM on May. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh anon, go cry yourself to sleep. Your stupid comment was helpful to no one.

I was going to say the same thing that Rkoloms said. It was probably a spam email that someone reported, so they deleted the message to all of the other recipients. This happened to me once before too and I had not yet opened the email, but I think the subject looked like a sales pitch and that is why I didn't open it in the first place. In any other circumstance, I agree with you. Cafemom should not be looking at our private emails....that's why they are called PRIVATE right!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I would think if it violates the agreement they have with us as users they probably have the authority to delete anything they want from their site? I'm no authority but I would guess that is what happened.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:03 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Do you mean to tell me they "know" what is in an email? Or was it a message from some snippy who didn't like an answer you gave?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:09 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I dont know what the email was. It was sent to me then by the time I saw it CM had already deleted it. So I guess they see what we write? IDK
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:11 PM on May. 26, 2010

• CafeMom Team May 15 2010 5:24 AM To: ABusyBee Subject: *** DELETED *** Message:
    *** DELETED BY CAFEMOM TEAM: INAPPROPRIATE ***
    This is a system message. The message that was sent to you has been deleted as it contained content inappropriate for CafeMom. You can disregard this message
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:12 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I have no idea,,,, but had you answered a question? I don't think they should be able to look at a private message,, if you look at it and want to report it I think that is okay,, but what if it was someone who threatened you,, maybe they sent it anon? IDK! I only thought they deleted responses to questions,,, why don't you message cafe mom and ask them! Now you have me curious!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:21 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Could it be that maybe they caught someone sending out spam to emails and someone reported it? idk It is weird that they would know what is coming into your email.
    Anonymous

• It was probably a sales pitch send to multilple CafeMoms; someone reported it and all copies were deleted.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:54 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Just to be clear, it was not an actual email, it was a CafeMom message, correct?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:55 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Do you realize you posted this in Diet and Fitness? Find another topic to waste space in hunny!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 27, 2010