Vacation... Excited but sad.

We just booked our vacation for four days to the beach. I'm so excited but sad at the same time. My 1 1/2 year old will be staying at his Nanas where I know he will be taken care of but I've never left him longer than a night so it's gonna be hard. I know he wouldn't be old enough to have as much fun as he will when he gets older and daddy and I really need "us" time. Do I sound like a bad mommy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope getting read to leave for the beach without the kiddo myself!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:04 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Not at all! Everyone needs their time to their selves. So try to enjoy yourself and like you said you know he will be safe!! Have some fun without having to worry if it will be age appropriate
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 12:05 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You are going through the eternal momy conflict, you need to get away but don't want to leave him, it happens to all of us, enjoy your alone time with hubby and take him with you next time you go on vacation. You sound like a great mommy!

Answer by older at 12:06 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You sound like a good mommy for wanting to be with your toddler. Take him along. He isn't too young to have fun at the beach. I have a 20 mo grandson and he would have a blast. He is only young for a short time and you have the rest of your lives for "us" time. I had 3 kids and never left them overnight until they were 4 or older.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:06 PM on May. 26, 2010

• NO way! Enjoy yourself. We both know his Nana has plenty of experience. So get over the guilt and have fun! Everyone deserves a break! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:21 PM on May. 26, 2010