oh no! about my mom.....

okay so she and her ex of like 32 years ago found each other on facebook...well that was okay until he started saying how he can't get her off his mind and he's still in love with her and even named his daughter after her. well my mom is all giddy like a 15 y/o girl and talks about him to me. i love my mother and i'm glad she trusts me as i do her but i don't like this. she has been with my dad for over 30 years and he loves her dearly. granted he can be a jerk sometimes but he still loves her. well this other man is supposed to be sending her a letter (idk old school i guess) but he is mailing it to my house b/c my mama don't want my dad to see it......should i read it and reseal it, just to make sure she's not gonna mess around on my dad? idk what to do. i don't want to tell dad unless she is for real cheating b/c i don't want to start any drama. like i said i love my mom but if she does this to my daddy i'll disown her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd send the letter back, with a "Not at this Address" and tell her flat out that you do not approve of what she is doing and will not allow her to make you a part of this. If she does not like it, too bad, she should have thought of that before she gave out your address (without your consent). I would also remind her she is a married woman, and what she is doing is wrong, and if she keeps it up she is going to hurt her family, and might even loose her family.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:31 PM on May. 26, 2010

• No you should not open her mail. You should tell your mom your concerns and tell her you wont be in the middle of this. After this letter dont help her go behind your dads back. Just tell her she is on her own. Tell he you love her and she is playing with fire. You cant stop her she will do what she wants to do.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:11 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Dont read it, but I would tell your mom that you dont aprove of her actions, and that you want to have nothing to do with it, and you dont want to hear about it. She should not be talking to you about it. Tell her you do not want to be involved and he is not allowed to send anything to your house. It is completely inapropriate what she is doing. Also tell her what you just said here, that if she keeps it up, and cheats on your dad that you will want nothing to do with her. That you love her, but you do not aprove of her actions. Be strong and be honest.
    Anonymous

• WOW, I went through a similar thing like this 2 years ago.... my moms old friend and her started a relationship ( because my dad wouldnt spend time with her) ...... she left my dad twice and came back.... they constantly fought, but it didnt change until my dad told her it was over.... and ten she stopped seeing him
    Anonymous

• Opening her mail is illegal and just wrong. You should have told her not to use your address if it bothers you. She can get a post office box; however, having it sent to your address does let you know when they are in contact with one another. Just talk to mom about your concerns. Some women just want the attention. I'd be encouraging dad to be even more attentive to mom. Suggest a vacation together or date nights for your parents. Maybe mom will get this out of her system quickly and realize what's important. If she continues sneaking around to contact the bf then tell HER she needs to let dad know what's up before he finds out on his own.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 PM on May. 26, 2010

• OP here-- idk what else she wants from my dad...he's in poor health and imo in his last years he works over 50 hours a week and is a damn good man, i know as a woman you need affection but when he tries she gets annoyed
    Anonymous

• Don't get involved anymore than you already are because she IS cheating and you are an accomplice. ALL men can be jerks sometimes just like we can be "b....s". that is no reason to cheat especially after 30 years. i'm sure he was a jerk 30 y ago. Tell your mom how you feel and if she continues to use your address, tell your father. your his child too. o btw the drama has already begun.good luck!
    MomInc

Answer by MomInc at 12:37 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I agree with Ria all the way!
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 12:43 PM on May. 26, 2010

• OP here- i didn't know she was using my address until yesterday she told me he was sending a letter here, i was kinda pissed oh and she knows i don't approve at all.....i wasn't very close with my dad growing up but as an adult we're very close and i love my daddy alot she better not hurt him!
    Anonymous

• You need to tell her straight, no bullshit or sugar coating, "Mom, what you're doing with this other man is wrong, even if it's just talking. You know dad loves you, and you're giving him the cold shoulder. He's in bad health, and he needs you. You made vows to him, not to this other guy, and you need to keep them. I don't want any more mail sent to my address, and I want no part in your infidelities. You're going to hurt dad, and that's something I just can't stand for."
    Anonymous