Does your preteen try to get out of the house wearing the same clothes from the day before to go to school in?

This child of mine. Oh Oh Oh, this sweet child of mine,lol.
He gives me a many headaches on a daily basis but for today...heres the headache.
Now, he has clean clothes. I know this because I wash them.
Yet, he will put on the same old dirty clothes (including socks and underwear,people) from the day before and he attempts to wear this to school. He will actaully argue with me and say he did NOT wear it to school yesturday when I know dang well that he did. He throws a holy fit because I refuse to let him go like that, I make him change. After he changed his clothes, he tried to get away with wearing the same dirty boxers from yesturday too! I know what he had on because yesturday I seen the top sticking out from his shorts and I laughed because he had on a green shirt,jean shorts with green on it and his boxers were green.SO I KNOW he was wearing those yesturday.Why does this kid do this?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:10 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Some girls do it too. Suggest clean clothes but don't make it a major deal..not a big deal at all. If kids say he stinks or others make fun of him.....he will change. Let him experince the natural consequnces of his actions. If a teacher takes note and he is embarassed then so be it. Not everything has to be a battle. But if going out to eat and he doesn't have on clean clothes, he has an odor and you don't care to sit very close or even down wind....well staying at home while everyone else goes out is a natural consequnces. It isn't nagging. You hang with those that you like or with those your senses can not be offended by. Arrange a sitter if he can't stay home alone. Use the no nag approach but let things unfold without fuss in a common sense natural style. He won't get infections from musty clothes. Not even underware. He wil learn or he may never date.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:05 PM on May. 27, 2010

• lol, my 6yr old does that to..not with undies tho...only with a certain skirt that she loves!!!!! drives me crazy!! and yet with all her other clothes, the second she gets a teeny tiny bit of dirt on them, or if they get wet she rips them off and needs to get cleasn ones...lol..go figure!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:14 PM on May. 26, 2010

• *clean
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:15 PM on May. 26, 2010

• LOL..I wish Joshua cared about a little bit of dirt on his clothes! If I let him, the boy would go to school covered from head to toe in dirt and not think twice about it either.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:19 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My son is 13 and has done that since preschool. It is not a battle that I am willing to fight. As long as the clothes don't smell or aren't dirty, I don't care. Have you never worn your jeans 2 days in a row?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:42 PM on May. 26, 2010