4 year old getting tonsils and adenoids removed Friday... any tips?

If your child's gone through this....

Do you have any tips, or were there any food/drink items you ended up getting or wished you already had on hand?

I have a list from the doctor... I'm just thinking it's going to come up there's going to be something I wish I had on hand or him. : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No dairy! It can make the phegm/phlegmy feeling worse, and makes it harder to swallow basic spit. Nothing red - it can make it look like there's bleeding when there's not. 2 of my kids have had this done, as well as DH. 1st DD was not yet 3, and wanted chicken pizza 2 hours after surgery. She snuck Pringles on day 10 of her recovery. She ate a lot of soft mac & cheese, soups that didn't have big chunks, applesauce, stuff like that - she wasn't fond of jello or popsicles. Other DD was just shy of 4. She lived on jello - I made a variety of flavors ahead of time. Popsicles - orange and purple were her favorites. Applesauce. Broth with super-soft & tiny noodles. Instant mashed potatoes made thin. She struggled, we really just pushed drinking so she stayed hydrated. She was closer to the 14 days after recover before she'd eat anything more, like mac & cheese & other soft foods.
    Anonymous

• ice cream.
    Anonymous