My mother & her new grandchild

I have 3 kids. My sister had her first baby this year. My mother has been with my sister 24/7. Literally. If my sister isn't at my parents house then my mother is at her house which is 3 hours away. My mother has all but forgotten that she has another daughter & 3 grand kids. She called me today for the first time in forever to see how we were doing. I blew her off. I am sick of this crap. Can anybody relate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I get why you would be upset. My mom remarried and his son had a baby. and then I didn't see or hear from my mom for months. it took DH texting her, and her calling me telling us not to text her cause wastes her minutes, for me to be able to talk to her. And honestly I got pissed off. I'm her only child and I have an only child and she just dropps off the face of the earth for someone elses child forgeting all about us and everything we have done for her (long story, we supported her, and paid her med bills when she was in chemo). So yeah I get being upset. it's like hello you have another child and grand child. after awhile you just get bitter about it. try not to let her get to you. eventually she will realize. And I'm sorry if the distance has hurt your kids. I know my DS wondered why grama didnt come over anymore.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 1:25 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Maybe your sister isn't the kind of person that would blow her off? If you want contact with your mother you can call her. You can go see your sister or your mother.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:33 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I would not take it too personally. Do you remember when you had your first child? Was your mom all into it then? Let your sister enjoy your mother, she just had her fist baby & probably needs her mother right now.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:34 PM on May. 26, 2010

• i second gail....
    samurai_chica

• maybe the relationship between your mom and the other daughter is better than your relationship with her? but yea, i can relate. my mom only really cares about my older sister- only talks to her when she's around, calls her first, etc. i only lived 5 minutes away, but she'd just use me. she's moved to australia (i live in ohio... older sis lives in MI) and the only time she calls me is wehn she needs something- money in her account, check the mail, etc.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 12:36 PM on May. 26, 2010

• op here- well Gaill, my mother and I have always been close. I would never blow her off normally but the way she is acting right now is nuts. My sister needs to quit being a big baby and go home to take care of her husband and new child.
    Anonymous

• that was no reason to blow her off. i think that was a little rude. you complain that she forgets about you and your kids then when she calls you you blow her off. it's not like you cant call her or go see her, even if she is at your sisters house you could go visit them both.
    Anonymous

• The phone works both ways. Why not invited them both over to your house?
    Anonymous

• op - yes, i can go drive 3 hours to visit at my sister's house while i have 3 kids here to take care of. great idea. why didn't i think of that.
    Anonymous

• she reached out to you and you blew her off, and you are mad? I don't get it?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:43 PM on May. 26, 2010