Vaccinating

What vaccines are you NOT giving your kids? Why? I'm having trouble deciding which ones I want to give my three month old.

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 12:33 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• chicken pox and flu
    Anonymous

• I did shots with my son up to 4 months, then I researched enough and me and my husband made a mutual decission that we will be doing no more shots.
    Anonymous

• i give all vaccines except for flu, swine flu, and the chicken pox.
    i might consider the flu vaccine when my son is a little older (hes a year now) - because i get the flu shot, and im fine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:37 PM on May. 26, 2010

• With my grandson we waited until he was a year and so far he has only had the dT. Tetanus is still a deadly disease and tetanus germs can live in soil and other places for decades. You can get tetanus from a minor cut. You can't get tetanus alone but you can get it as dT rather than dpt.

He doesn't go to day care and isn't around other children.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:39 PM on May. 26, 2010

• the swine flu vaccine and possibly the regular flu
    MommaCassE

Answer by MommaCassE at 12:42 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I give my children all vaccines that are available. The reason we do this is my husband is a nurse and is exposed to many things that a normal person isn't. I do not want my children having the risk of getting something that could have been prevented. I have 4 children and all have had their complete doses of vaccines including Hep. A and rotavirus. My son will be born in 3 1/2 weeks approx and he will have all of his too. For us, my husband's profession makes the risk very high.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 12:59 PM on May. 26, 2010

• chicken pox is the only one my dd won't get because I never built immunity to it, I've had it 5 times, no kidding. i don't want the vaccine to give her chicken pox.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2010

• We don't do any at all!
    confused0701

Answer by confused0701 at 1:37 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I dont do any of the flu shots, and i considered not doing chicken pox but wanted to research it more :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:03 PM on May. 26, 2010

• NONE.
    babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 3:45 PM on May. 26, 2010